GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft: Day 2: 11 am EST SN, TVAS, NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
With the reports of us trying to move up with both 35 and 38 when the round started, I wonder who they had in their sights. I'm assuming Beaudin but seems like it cooled off rather quickly, as if they got word their guy was going at an even earlier spot.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
To me Blake McLaughlin will surprise . good skating good shot

Heading to u of min

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Imagine being Ottawa and giving up the chance at Jack Hughes and some top centers next year for Tkachuk.

tenor.gif

Watched Dorion's media scrum, that was one of the most hiliarious shit. Dorion was fully in love with Tkachuk's character and bloodlines. acted like Tkachuk was the savior.

Reactions: Peanut and G0bias

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Love zadinas confidence. He will score a ton on montreal. Bargainbin didn't like the confidence, probably felt it lacked "character."
It's funny how zadina played as much at center last year as kotkaniemi. Hah

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Love zadinas confidence. He will score a ton on montreal. Bargainbin didn't like the confidence, probably felt it lacked "character."
But Kotkaniemi played wing in a men league ;)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

I remember this moment. It was right before LA's pick. I thought he's on the phone to deal Max to LA for the 20th. His reaction when he hung up was funny.

Someone needs to find the moment after Dorion traded his 1st pick to the Rangers. Right after the announce he gets a phone call and his reaction is priceless. Totally looks like Bergevin called him to give him shit because he was offering more.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Someone needs to find the moment after Dorion traded his 1st pick to the Rangers. Right after the announce he gets a phone call and his reaction is priceless. Totally looks like Bergevin called him to give him **** because he was offering more.
Beyond thrilled we didn't trade up.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

We need goals, and speed.. so we draft a kid that has questions in his skating, quickness and.. he plays more wing than C

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
We need goals, and speed.. so we draft a kid that has questions in his skating, quickness and.. he plays more wing than C
It's okay we have Paul Byron to play ahead of him at the position. Can teach the kid how it's done. Like how prust and desharnais showed chucky.

Reactions: Habs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

He plays more C than wing. This past season in Liiga was the only time he's played wing. Everywhere else, he's a center. And he will play center next year.

Kotkaniemi isn't McCarron. He can skate. It's the area of his game he needs to work on most, sure. But it's not a handicap because he is a very smart player. And smart players can always get by even when they're not the best skaters. And speed and quickness doesn't always mean skating fast. It's also playing the puck quickly and making smart decisions with the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad