Blake McLaughlin-Lw (Ranked 51st)
Jake Wise-C (Ranked 52nd)
Filip Hallander-C (Ranked 59th)
Gabriel Fortier-C (Ranked 60th)

Last edited:

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Still stings but sort of at peace with missing on O'Brien, dude went so early we were never close. Onto the 2nd.

Berggren
Ylonen
Hallander
Morozov (got him higher with all these Cs leaving the board like hot cakes)
Fonstad
Tychonick

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
McCagg listed Marchenko, Noel, Berggren, McLeod, McIsaac, Addison and Wilde as options for 35 and 38.

Seems like we all want Berggren.

Reactions: Nedved

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
I really feel like these new draftees look younger and younger every year... it's tough to get older lol... (I was born two months after Sid the Kid and Price the Nice...)

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Berggren, Thomas, Noel, Wilde and Hallander are who I'm gunning for with the 2 early picks. Then hopefully, McLaughlin, Hilis, Wise, maybe Tychonick? That would be amazing.

Two of Thomas, Noel and Berggren and I'm doing carthweels!

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Berggren
Hallander
Thomas

Top available bad picks
Groulx
M Samuelsson
Ginning
McLeod.
I wouldn't mind taking Groulx if it was with a lower pick like a 3rd or high 4th. While I like him as a player during his Q draft year, he hasn't taken the next step since then and I just don't see a high ceiling for him. In a dream situation he ends up being a 2nd line center but if he makes it to the NHL I see him more as a 3rd line guy.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
McCagg listed Marchenko, Noel, Berggren, McLeod, McIsaac, Addison and Wilde as options for 35 and 38.

Seems like we all want Berggren.

Out of that.. Berggren and Addison is best. Wilde is so much like beaulieu. McLeod is a bust. Marchenko has such heavy feet but is talented. Noel needs a toolbox.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
With 5 picks in the next 35 give me four Ds. Three and I'm happy, if there's a couple of potentially dynamic wingers they like.

We have enough competition at center in our bottom 6. Danault and De La Rose, with Poehling, Evans, Ikonen pushing for spots in the coming years. Any C pick is pretty much a waste at this point in the draft.

But seriously. Don't get cute. Just play the odds, grab a bunch of D, and hope 2 pan out.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Was caught off guard by the Johansson pick. Not a bad player by any means but how much upside are you getting there? With AlexAlex, Johansson, JBD gone, dmen crop in the 2nd suddenly doesn't look as good. Plenty of good forwards though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I remember this moment. It was right before LA's pick. I thought he's on the phone to deal Max to LA for the 20th. His reaction when he hung up was funny.

I remember that too. Good catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad