GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft: Day 2: 11 am EST SN, TVAS, NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Wait; where are all the people who said Tkachuk wouldn’t go top 5?

I'm not sure people said he "wouldn't" go top 5 more like he shouldn't go top 5. Different thing.

Surprised Sens passed on Zadina for him. It was known they liked Tkachuk, but the feeling was they had Zadina before him. Obviously not.

Now, Hayton. That was the real shocker in the top 5. Arizona HMB moment to Ottawa.

Reactions: Peanut and Redux91

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't know where Mascherin will fall, but I wouldn't mind using a pick on him. Teams may be turned off because he's older and he decided not to sign with the team that drafted him, so they may be turned off. I'd definitely take a shot at him with one of the 4ths if he's still available then. He can jump to the AHL right away, too.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I added a list of some interesting names based on players listed in the thread and names that caught my eye that are still left/could be there for the Habs to select to the OP.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
His reaction after he hung up was like he was scoffing at what the guy on the other end was asking for.
Probably Pacioretty for the 1st straight up. I f***ing despise Bergevin, but he did his job today. Very happy he didn't trade up, nobody was really worth giving both 35+38 for. Of course he still has time to ruin the draft tomorrow, but tonight was a success.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Like the Berggren, Thomas, Wise, Olofsson but feel like we have to go with Tichonick to being able to fill a need

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Probably Pacioretty for the 1st straight up. I ****ing despise Bergevin, but he did his job today. Very happy he didn't trade up, nobody was really worth giving both 35+38 for. Of course he still has time to ruin the draft tomorrow, but tonight was a success.
I think when it comes to Patches I don't see a deal happening this weekend, what I see happening is that Bergevin will talk to GMs about potential trade routes, he will secretly give teams a chance to talk to Max about an extension and then you will see a deal get done before free agency. The Kovalchuk situation is also holding things up I'm guessing, I can't see a team like the Kings be willing to offer anything good before Kovalchuk makes a decision.

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
My top choice is Bergren. But I would be happy with any of these in the second round: Jake Wise, Akil Thomas, Jared McIsaac, Calen Adisson, Jonathan Tychonik and Bode Wilde.

Reactions: Redux91

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Haven’t seen Bode Wilde play, but his scouting reports sound like an 18 year old Subban. What are the differences and similarities?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Regarding trades, Bergevin said that teams waiting to see how the Kovalchuk and Tavares situations go is why teams haven't moved much yet. Once Kovalchuk decides where to sign and Tavares decides if he stays or if he enters the courting period, the action may start afterwards. Those two are what's holding the market.

Reactions: Redux91

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Regarding trades, Bergevin said that teams waiting to see how the Kovalchuk and Tavares situations go is why teams haven't moved much yet. Once Kovalchuk decides where to sign and Tavares decides if he stays or if he enters the courting period, the action may start afterwards. Those two are what's holding the market.
Looks like we would be aiming for 2019 1sts which is TOTALLY fine by me. Center heavy, and I love that.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Great skater, quick, dog on the puck and has good playmaking skills. First round talent IMO, so a steal if we can get him at #35.
Getting him Hallander, Ylonen and Hillis would be a dream. Berggren and Hallander at the juniors against Kotkaniemi and Ylonen(maybe even Nordgren too) while Hillis tears it up as a playmaking stud.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Imagine being Ottawa and giving up the chance at Jack Hughes and some top centers next year for Tkachuk.

tenor.gif

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Imagine being Ottawa and giving up the chance at Jack Hughes and some top centers next year for Tkachuk.

tenor.gif
Funny when Sens fans were giving us shit for passing on Zadina while they took Tkachuk. Too good. Love it when that franchise fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia