Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
No, we need elite prospects. We've got plenty of middle 6 guys and bottom 4 defenders.

I'll take the one 1st line guy over two middle six guys we already have enough of.

You aren't going to find elite prospects in the middle of the first round with any regularity. To be honest, most of the forwards expected to go in the middle of the first project as middle-six players at best. Trading up for the sake of trading up is a very bad idea. If you want to have discussions about trading up you need to name names of who you would want to trade up for.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Serron Noel has been great for Canada so far. Seems like someone Tyler Wright would be a fan of.

Honestly have not been a fan of Wilde, Samuelsson, or Miller for team USA so far. Not sure I like them as targets with our 1st rounders as much as I thought.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I don't want Boqvist anymore. Zadina played another game for adults ,had assist ,he is NHL ready.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Haven’t watched the tournament but how has USA defenseman Ty Emberson looked?He’s on my list of draft targets I liked

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Haven’t watched the tournament but how has USA defenseman Ty Emberson looked?He’s on my list of draft targets I liked

Only defenseman I’ve liked so far for them is Cam York, who is a 2019 eligible. But that’s just me.

Reactions: martinez

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I think it was him who got the ole IIHF misconduct for a clean hit today. Actually a rule I expect will be in the NHL within the decade. I like the two and ten for head checking, but that has to be something that can be reviewed, when the guy doesn't get the head it is utterly ridiculous to have the 10 minute misconduct.

I am with Frk It, the USA D-core has not been good.

Reactions: martinez

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

This kid is a phenomenal passer. I’d look at him with one of our 2nds or 3rds. If he can improve his skating he could become a player.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

It hasn't been a good tournament for any of the US defenders. I think I have seen just about all of them play better earlier in the year. To be honest, the US hasn't impressed at all outside of the big line. Notwithstanding the tournament, I would take Emberson with our third pick without much hesitation. I think he projects well in today's game.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

This kid is a phenomenal passer. I’d look at him with one of our 2nds or 3rds. If he can improve his skating he could become a player.

If you are looking for skill outside of the top-half of the first round, you are going to need to live with some warts. If they didn't have warts, they would be first-round picks. I like McShane a good deal. He isn't a perfect player, but he is very skilled and has great vision.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
It hasn't been a good tournament for any of the US defenders. I think I have seen just about all of them play better earlier in the year. To be honest, the US hasn't impressed at all outside of the big line. Notwithstanding the tournament, I would take Emberson with our third pick without much hesitation. I think he projects well in today's game.
Yeah that’s the range I have been looking at, guys in rounds 2-4. I love that we have so many picks in those rounds. After the top ten I don’t see all that much difference between the 1st and 2nd rounders

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Absolutey, you just aren' getting such a player with one at pick 18 or 19.

I will take my chances with three picks between 27-35 to get such a player or at worst a guy equal to 18 plus something else

Already have an agreement between Wings fans and Oil fans on the trade board of VGK + AA + 36 for 9th OA. Obviously that means nothing of the actual teams, but you can get a damn good player at #9.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Already have an agreement between Wings fans and Oil fans on the trade board of VGK + AA + 36 for 9th OA. Obviously that means nothing of the actual teams, but you can get a damn good player at #9.
I always thought that AA in a good team will look scary. Put him with preds and he will score 30 gold next year.i think this trade will be very goals for both teams

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
If nothing else, it would be fun to see who was still on the board at 9 when considering it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The thing that gets me is he's this good, but not done yet compared to the draft class. He still has development time in hand, so to speak.

I don't know that being more raw always = higher ceiling. I think it just means the floor is more of an unknown. I think sometimes that can be misleading with prospects.

With Svech and Zadina for example, I love their floor AND their ceiling. Just because they are more pro ready doesn't mean they don't have also a good ceiling.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I don't know that being more raw always = higher ceiling. I think it just means the floor is more of an unknown. I think sometimes that can be misleading with prospects.

With Svech and Zadina for example, I love their floor AND their ceiling. Just because they are more pro ready doesn't mean they don't have a good ceiling.
Yeah, that's true. If rawness were potential, Detroit would be chock full of huge European kids right now. Come to think of it, Detroit hasn't really done a good job drafting very raw players.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah, that's true. If rawness were potential, Detroit would be chock full of huge European kids right now. Come to think of it, Detroit hasn't really done a good job drafting very raw players.

Yeah, but Boqvist has a brother who is a bit bigger. I think he will be able to get to the same size as someone like Letang or Subban eventually. So I am fully on board with taking that kid, and I would not be mad at taking him with a #3 pick even.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
The thing that gets me is he's this good, but not done yet compared to the draft class. He still has development time in hand, so to speak.

Honestly Boqvist being so young is pretty perfect for our team right now. We're just starting our rebuild so we can give him all the time he needs to fully develop while we build the team. There should be no rush. He can spend a couple of years in Sweden gaining mass and pro experience before coming over and adapting to NA and the NHL.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad