Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
I don't wont to get Russian at first round , its risky . There is very good Russian pics at later rounds : Marchenko , Khovanov , Zavgorodniy .

Eh, if he was playing KHL or dominating the MHL then maybe I could see there being some concerns about him coming over.

BUT with Svechnikov he's already being playing over in NA for x years and Evgeny came over a couple years before him. The Svech family has moved multiple times to help their sons. The NHL is their goal. No concerns what so ever.

Reactions: TheMule93

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Why do you feel it is too risky?
During u20 world cup he was struggling , was great at corners , gave some nice passes , but it is about it . They put him on PK and he looks lost there . I like us to draft someone good at any positions . and how do you know if he is not like later to play in KHL

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Eh, if he was playing KHL or dominating the MHL then maybe I could see there being some concerns about him coming over.

BUT with Svechnikov he's already being playing over in NA for x years and Evgeny came over a couple years before him. The Svech family has moved multiple times to help their sons. The NHL is their goal. No concerns what so ever.
Do you think Evgeny could dramatically improve his skating ?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
During u20 world cup he was struggling , was great at corners , gave some nice passes , but it is about it . They put him on PK and he looks lost there . I like us to draft someone good at any positions . and how do you know if he is not like later to play in KHL

Thing is though, we need Elite offensive talent, and many elite offensive guys aren't great at other things, especially in junior. We already have lots of guys who are decent at playing in varying positions and situations, we need someone to Drive the Bus in the immediate-near future, whether that be Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, etc.

Reactions: jkutswings

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
No way Jose

That is a move you do three years from now when you have a ton of high end talent and good depth

We need prospects and lots of them

Very doubtful the guy at 19 will be as good as 27 plus 33 plus 36 combind

No, we need elite prospects. We've got plenty of middle 6 guys and bottom 4 defenders.

I'll take the one 1st line guy over two middle six guys we already have enough of.

Reactions: Hen Kolland
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
One of the things I like about Boqvist you can see in that video. Even when he's making routine defensive plays or clearing the zone or something, he's super quick and competes very hard at it. The puck goes right out, and Boqvist is sprinting around trying to make that happen.

I think he processes the play really quickly, too. He can converge on a forward before the forward knows what to do.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Ginning looks pretty good from the little I watched as does Boqvist. Nice hands by #18 from Russia.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
One of the things I like about Boqvist you can see in that video. Even when he's making routine defensive plays or clearing the zone or something, he's super quick and competes very hard at it. The puck goes right out, and Boqvist is sprinting around trying to make that happen.

I think he processes the play really quickly, too. He can converge on a forward before the forward knows what to do.
A defenseman that makes...good decisions...and does so...quickly?

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Boqvist's skating is really awesome, so effortless. Just scored vs BLR on a 2 on 1. Also set up Berggren wide open on a backhand pass but the goalie made a huge save.

And he's 6+ months younger than the other top D's. I think I may be officially on the Boqvist bandwagon, let's see...

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Boqvist to Berggren to Gustafsson:

Boqvist goal (doesn't show the full play):

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
About where is Berggren projected to go? I'd be pretty happy with him with one of our seconds.

Happy to see others joining me on the Boqvist hype train. He's been my personal favorite all year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
With the absence of Bouchard, Dobson, Dahlin, and Hughes... Boqvist has been easily the best defenseman at the U18’s so far.

A little disappointed in Ty Smith and the play of the USA defensemen so far.

Kevin Bahl has been a pretty nice surprise for Canada. I think the forwards have stuck out more than the defenseman so far, though.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
With the absence of Bouchard, Dobson, Dahlin, and Hughes... Boqvist has been easily the best defenseman at the U18’s so far.

A little disappointed in Ty Smith and the play of the USA defensemen so far.

Kevin Bahl has been a pretty nice surprise for Canada. I think the forwards have stuck out more than the defenseman so far, though.
Not just because of tournament play, but I have Smith a notch below the other defensemen. Just seems like he needs another year for certain aspects of his game to click.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Not just because of tournament play, but I have Smith a notch below the other defensemen. Just seems like he needs another year for certain aspects of his game to click.

I think Smith and Boqvist and Hughes are the 3 most likely guys the Wings will pick.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
No, we need elite prospects. We've got plenty of middle 6 guys and bottom 4 defenders.

I'll take the one 1st line guy over two middle six guys we already have enough of.

Absolutey, you just aren' getting such a player with one at pick 18 or 19.

I will take my chances with three picks between 27-35 to get such a player or at worst a guy equal to 18 plus something else

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
just look at 2012 draft , 3 out of first 4 were bad choice . the best player were drafted that year was Filip Forsberg #11 by Nashville , they are really at scouting . It doesn't meter who we got because we don't know how it will be played out

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
just look at 2012 draft , 3 out of first 4 were bad choice . the best player were drafted that year was Filip Forsberg #11 by Nashville , they are really at scouting . It doesn't meter who we got because we don't know how it will be played out
Washington drafted Filip Forsberg and then George McPhee traded him for Martin Erat.

Reactions: BinCookin

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Forsberg was drafted by Washington.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not a huge fan of the North American centers this year, but Kotkaniemi is very intriguing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad