Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Merkley is one of the best skating D prospects I've ever seen. Wilde and Wahlstrom are good options from the USNTP.

Interested to see how Veleno and McIsaac do in their draft season.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Merkley is one of the best skating D prospects I've ever seen. Wilde and Wahlstrom are good options from the USNTP.

Interested to see how Veleno and McIsaac do in their draft season.

Merkley is good. From what I've seen, I'd call him exceptional. Wilde I like, Wahlstrom not so much.

Veleno hasn't impressed me much, I see a 2nd line center at best.

McIsaac is very intriguing.

It will be interesting to see the 1st draft boards. Lots of talent from all over the junior leagues.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Dahlin (obviously), Svechnikov (of course), Bode Wilde, Jett Woo, Merkley... If we could get multiple picks somehow, I have a good feeling about Akil Thomas. We really, really need defense and a major franchise player, though, so pretty much Dahlin or Svechnikov.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
On the whole I like the defensive talent in the first round better than the offensive offerings. This should be a strong bounce-back year for the NDTP kids.

More than anything, I want Kenny to move Green and Gus for 2018 picks.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Dahlin (obviously), Svechnikov (of course), Bode Wilde, Jett Woo, Merkley... If we could get multiple picks somehow, I have a good feeling about Akil Thomas. We really, really need defense and a major franchise player, though, so pretty much Dahlin or Svechnikov.

Those would be nice, but to be honest, I don't see either in Detroit.

Akil Thomas is a good player. I like Dellandrea better, no offense.

Big centers from Europe: Olofsson and Kotkaniemi

Interested to hear opinions on Jack McBain.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
From what I've read 2018 might have the top end talent that can challenge 2016 but also may have the depth of 2013. As well, it seems like right now that the Wingers and Defenceman are more talented than the centers; it may end up similar to the 2012 draft where there was just one center taken in the top 10. Right now the top 2 picks belong to Svechikov or Dahlin and both are considered to be neck and neck for 1st overall. The best centers are being put into the Glass/Pettersson/Necas level from this past draft.

Wingers:

Andrei Svechnikov
David Levin
Anderson MacDonald
Brady Tkachuk
Filip Zadina

Defenceman:

Rasmus Dahlin
Quinn Hughes
Jared McIsaac
Ryan Merkley
Adam Boqvist

Centers:

Joe Veleno
Ryan McLeod
Allan McShane
Jack McBain

Last edited:

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
K'Andre Miller is an interesting one, forward converted to defense two years ago. Lots of potential

Quinton Hughes is committed to Michigan. Have to respect his production, hopefully he grows a little taller

Jett Woo has a great hockey name. Stocky kid, throws some hits, models his game after shea Weber

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
From what I've read 2018 might have the top end talent that can challenge 2016 but also may have the depth of 2013. As well, it seems like right now that the Wingers and Defenceman are more talented than the centers. It may end up similar to the 2012 draft where there was just one center taken in the top 10. Right now the top 2 picks belong to Svechikov or Dahlin and both are considered to be neck and neck for 1st overall. The best centers are being put into the Glass/Pettersson/Necas level from this past draft.

Wingers:

Andrei Svechnikov
David Levin
Anderson MacDonald
Brady Tkachuk
Filip Zadina

Defenceman:

Rasmus Dahlin
Quinn Hughes
Jared McIsaac
Ryan Merkley
Adam Boqvist

Centers:

Joe Veleno
Ryan McLeod
Allan McShane
Jack McBain

Thank you for this post, I suck at links. Very helpful.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If we have a top 3 pick and really I like the whole top 5 in this draft we should get an elite piece. A person that can drive the train in Detroit for a decade. I want Dahlin or little Svech, but again there are a few more here if we are really bad this year we come out with a legitimate franchise building block in my opinion.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Thank you for this post, I suck at links. Very helpful.

No problem it's really just a basic "watch out for these players" post. I wanted to find some more European players but there's probably not going to be much information about them until after the Hlinka.

Right now our biggest need is a #1C so I'm hoping some centers can rise up and challenge Dahlin/Svech for the #1 overall as I have a feeling we'll be picking top 3 next year.

Also, this is a site that allows anyone to do a mock draft and then they average out players position. It's not a super accurate tool but it should at least give an idea of what players to watch for in the beginning of next season.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I'm excited at the idea that the Wings could draft a very high end LD. With Hronek/Saarijarvi/Lindstrom in the system and Jensen, Russo, and Sproul in the pros, the Wings have accumulated some solid talent on the right side. LD is a bit weaker, especially on the offensive end of things; I think only Cholowski is a real threat.

I'm excited to see how Jared McIsaac does this year. He could fit that mold pretty well. Dahlin would be an amazing LD, as well. (And if it comes to it, this draft is just full of great RDs.)

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I just really want that 15 years of having the Svech brothers together dominating a top line. You have those two with an eh centre, then have a second line of guys like Larkin.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Looks like a great draft for D. Wish they would trade Green now for a chance at another lottery 1st. Nyquist/Tatar too if either could net you one.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Are there any Abby like wingers in the top 30? We should have a top 5 pick so I am sure Holland could snag him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->