GDT: 2018 NHL Draft: Picks in Rounds 2, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think the value's fine, particularly if as reported there were questions about whether Fox would sign with Calgary.

I do wonder what they're going to do on RD though. Looks pretty weak now, unless I'm missing an LD who can play well on either side.

Hamilton is clearly the best player in the deal. And Carolina didn’t plan on signing Lindholm and Hanafin likely makes more on his contract and is a worse D.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

tumblr_inline_nz99f01qHX1ryr7ln_400.gif

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Well, Kessel isn't an option due to his quality relationship with Sully, so it's Skinner or free agency for them.

I can’t tell if you’re ripping on the media or the team for changing course :popcorn:

Reactions: domaug

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Another forward, it's not like our D prospects suck or anything.

Our D prospects might suck but our F prospects, before this draft, were non-existent. We had only 4 prospects outside the org going into the draft - Bellerive, Drozg, Bjorkqvist, Pavlychev. We may look stacked at by now, but in the 2-4 years we're talking about for these guys just to look like NHL players, the current mob will have graduated or gone.

Comparatively, we had 6 D prospects (most like) outside the org going into the draft - Almari, Philips, Jones, Lauzon, Reilly and Palojarvi. That list may not be the stuff of dreams (although most of us are high on Almari based on what's said and Philips has big potential, so maybe they don't suck entirely), but its not like the pipeline was dry.

F was.

Where the D pipeline is dry is right now guys in the AHL, but drafting doesn't help with that.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Hamilton is clearly the best player in the deal. And Carolina didn’t plan on signing Lindholm and Hanafin likely makes more on his contract and is a worse D.

He's still a 23 year old RH center who can score 45 points, PK, and go 55% in the dot. I'd say he's about as much more valuable than Ferland as Hamilton is to Hanifin, and the difference in ages for all concerned is a factor too.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Have a feeling if we are making a deal it’s going to be with GMJR’s prune drinking friend GMGM. Kessel and/or Sheary to Vegas for what I have no clue but likely quality for quantity. GMJR wants depth and Vegas has that for sure.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Really? Hanafin is going to have a ton of pressure on him and was surrounded by Slavic, Pesce, and Faulk. He’s also likely on a pairing with an aging Gio or Hamonic. He’s going to get eaten alive.

They needed a defenseman like Hanafin.

And they especially needed a forward like Lindholm.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He's still a 23 year old RH center who can score 45 points, PK, and go 55% in the dot. I'd say he's about as much more valuable than Ferland as Hamilton is to Hanifin, and the difference in ages for all concerned is a factor too.

Hamilton and Hanifin are light years apart in my eyes. One is a legitimate # 1. One has the potential to be Suter at his very peak.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Teams around the league making moves, trying to improve for next season. Top tier players are getting traded or signed.

Only recently the likes of Hoffman, Galchenuk, Kovalchuk, Hamilton, Hanifin, Lidholm found new homes, now Pacioretti is pending.

In the meantime, GMJR is sitting with his thumb up his rectum and doing nothing.

Indeed, why change anything after a season that featured both great performance and results by Pens?

A franchise with an aging superstar core, no real leadership, questionable scoring depth, suspect one-hit-wonder #1 G and a defense led by an Idiot #58 needs no improvement. All they need is full summer of rest. Yes rest. Rest. More rest. And yet more rest.

I guess the strategy is to fail to qualify for playoffs or get knocked out in the 1st round every year. Then our players will always have plenty of rest and feel great.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'll take Lavoie every single time. Friedman incorrectly reports trades on live television. :laugh:

Lavoie is money on all things Montreal. Other teams . . . not so much. But, unlike Friedman, he also doesn't drop his drawers unless it's right in his wheelhouse (the Habs).

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Teams around the league making moves, trying to improve for next season. Top tier players are getting traded or signed.

Only recently the likes of Hoffman, Galchenuk, Kovalchuk, Hamilton, Hanifin, Lidholm found new homes, now Pacioretti is pending.

In the meantime, GMJR is sitting with his thumb up his rectum and doing nothing.

Indeed, why change anything after a season that featured both great performance and results by Pens?

A franchise with an aging superstar core, no real leadership, questionable scoring depth, suspect one-hit-wonder #1 G and a defense led by an Idiot #58 needs no improvement. All they need is full summer of rest. Yes rest. Rest. More rest. And yet more rest.

I guess the strategy is to fail to qualify for playoffs or get knocked out in the 1st round every year. Then our players will always have plenty of rest and feel great.

Simmer down.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh

Really bad post my man!! Do better!!

Reactions: Jacob and Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad