GDT: 2018 NHL Draft: Picks in Rounds 2, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What do you want JR to do? He cannot force GMs to trade with him and i'd rather him sit on his hands than overspend for a new name that does the same thing that we have.

Patience is a virtue. :laugh: And those teams looking to bring those guys in are trying to win ONE cup. Sooooo come at us. Sid's juggling his 3 cup rings as we speak. Just for fun.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Simmer down.

giphy.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
They needed a defenseman like Hanafin.

And they especially needed a forward like Lindholm.

Why did they need a forward like Lindholm?

Backlund is great. And needing Hanafin is fine, but they moved their best D for him and Gio is a year older.

It’s really weird for me to see a fringe playoff team move two of their better players for what is at best a lateral move.

Ferland and Lindholm are a wash for me outside of their positional advantages.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
A franchise with an aging superstar core, no real leadership, questionable scoring depth, suspect one-hit-wonder #1 G and a defense led by an Idiot #58 needs no improvement. All they need is full summer of rest. Yes rest. Rest. More rest. And yet more rest.

There’s legitimate criticisms and there’s spouting stupid shit.

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Teams around the league making moves, trying to improve for next season. Top tier players are getting traded or signed.

Only recently the likes of Hoffman, Galchenuk, Kovalchuk, Hamilton, Hanifin, Lidholm found new homes, now Pacioretti is pending.

In the meantime, GMJR is sitting with his thumb up his rectum and doing nothing.

Indeed, why change anything after a season that featured both great performance and results by Pens?

A franchise with an aging superstar core, no real leadership, questionable scoring depth, suspect one-hit-wonder #1 G and a defense led by an Idiot #58 needs no improvement. All they need is full summer of rest. Yes rest. Rest. More rest. And yet more rest.

I guess the strategy is to fail to qualify for playoffs or get knocked out in the 1st round every year. Then our players will always have plenty of rest and feel great.

You nailed it. The goal for next year is to miss the playoffs.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Friedman on NHL network said he was told firmly that it’s not on the agenda right now for the Sharks (for MaxPac)

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I’d only cut dead weight and go FA for some D help. We don’t need huge deals unless it’s a Letang one.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Wow, that was a really off the board pick. I don't care, it's a 6th rounder, but man. If you would have back to back drafts, with using the draft rankings there as the draft order, he'd be a 1st round pick in the 3rd draft.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What do you want JR to do? He cannot force GMs to trade with him and i'd rather him sit on his hands than overspend for a new name that does the same thing that we have.

Patience is a virtue. :laugh: And those teams looking to bring those guys in are trying to win ONE cup. Sooooo come at us. Sid's juggling his 3 cup rings as we speak. Just for fun.

giphy.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There has to be something going on between the Penguins and Knights. They have been talking all day today. I'm really doubting they'd be talking this much over Conor Sheary.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
JR had his chance. Was too busy yelling on the phone at PF Chang for giving him an empty fortune cookie.

So Sully sneaked in and picked some more MA mafia while Rutherford's back was turned? I'd buy that for an empty fortune cookie.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Why did they need a forward like Lindholm?

Backlund is great. And needing Hanafin is fine, but they moved their best D for him and Gio is a year older.

It’s really weird for me to see a fringe playoff team move two of their better players for what is at best a lateral move.

Ferland and Lindholm are a wash for me outside of their positional advantages.

You're more of a Dougie Hamilton fan than I am (which makes sense given your lack of concern about Kris Letang's 10 cent mind).

You're less of a Lindholm fan than I am (the Flames are long on soft skilled forwards and lean on guys who play tougher two way games, which is why I see the value to them).

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
There has to be something going on between the Penguins and Knights. They have been talking all day today. I'm really doubting they'd be talking this much over Conor Sheary.

How could you ever think that? It's not like JR and McPhee have a relationship. It's not like JR has an elite winger McPhee lacks. Or, better still, it's not like he's got the 1D McPhee could've used in the finals (I do hope he didn't watch the potential 1D JR has in the series against VGK's opponent in the finals, but I digress).

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Karmanos wouldn’t leave with GMGM unless they were working out some sort of salary cap in a deal.

Whether or not something comes to fruition, it would hardly surprise to see JR and GMGM talking about Kessel and/or Letang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad