GDT: 2018 NHL Draft: Picks in Rounds 2, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Figured we should make a GDT specifically for the draft, so we're not cluttering the Salary Cap thread with news of other teams. Some newer rumors right now:

This fascist site puts a limit on how many tweets you can put in a single message? What is this blasphemy?

Reactions: Pens x and Peat

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This fascist site puts a limit on how many tweets you can put in a single message? What is this blasphemy?

It's a @ColePens power trip . . .

giphy.gif

BMac said on radio MaxPac is more likely than not getting traded today.

source.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Quick recap:
- Zero tolerance
- Do not shit on sources or request inside info
- Keep on topic

Also do members want 2 threads? One to discuss JUST the draft and one to discuss all trades? I can reopen a salary cap thread but what i don't want is similar discussion in both threads.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
BMac said on radio MaxPac is more likely than not getting traded today.

This actually surprises me, because Kovalchuk is being a **** and taking his good old time with deciding who he wants to sign with, and it's holding up the trading market for scoring wingers. You'd think that Pacioretty would be the fallback option for teams who miss out on Kovalchuk.

Also do members want 2 threads? One to discuss JUST the draft and one to discuss all trades? I can reopen a salary cap thread but what i don't want is similar discussion in both threads.

I'd say just one thread to discuss both the draft and trades is fine. I think it might not be a bad idea to leave the salary cap thread open, but keep it solely for Penguins related stuff.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Sounds like Skinner is going to LA or STL. Our lack of a 1st seems to have been the kicker.

Reactions: Pens x

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Pierre McGuire just said on Montreal radio that Skinner is headed to a Western Conference team. And Carolina is getting a first rounder back.

Reactions: KIRK

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Quick recap:
- Zero tolerance
- Do not **** on sources or request inside info
- Keep on topic

It’s all good in here. Two threads will end up talking about the same stuff.

Reactions: ColePens

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'd go with one thread, gonna be so much spillover if there's two.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Cole, maybe just add a new post to update with the actual trade activity in the other thread but keep it locked? It’d be nice to not have to search through pages to find info/rumor tweets.

Reactions: ColePens

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
This actually surprises me, because Kovalchuk is being a **** and taking his good old time with deciding who he wants to sign with, and it's holding up the trading market for scoring wingers. You'd think that Pacioretty would be the fallback option for teams who miss out on Kovalchuk.

I'd say just one thread to discuss both the draft and trades is fine. I think it might not be a bad idea to leave the salary cap thread open, but keep it solely for Penguins related stuff.

Montreal probably wants a 1st in the deal so probably being more proactive.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Kovalchuk was my favorite player not on the Pens for the longest time. Sucks we’re not in a position to add him.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Also according to McGuire, and I am paraphrasing, he is not sure the Penguins are prepared to trade Kessel. However, there are other players Pittsburgh is prepared to trade. If they can get a first-round pick back, they would make the move.

Sounds like Letang and Brassard to me. Maybe Maatta. I don't think anyone believes you can get a first rounder for Rust.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad