Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
For some reason, every fricken time I see Kravtsov, I hear Kraster in my head: "He's prettier than half my daughters."

That aside, he really seems like he can't wait to show the world what he's up to. Like: "You think Kakko is the ****, wait till you see my ****."

I fully expect a kid like Kravtsov to feel motivated to hold his own with Kakko and raise his game.

Under normal circumstances, the Kravtsov hype machine would be full steam ahead. But Kakko changes that a bit. Should make for some excitement.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
love the commitment to stay here the whole summer...it would have been so easy to just go home and come back for traverse city. getting to adjust to being in ny a bit without having to worry about hockey should hopefully help him be more comfortable during the season.

but even more I love the motivation and work ethic. he isn't taking anything for granted or thinking he's a top prospect who can just walk into camp and get a spot. i feel like he heard all the kakko hype this summer and we are gonna see a nice friendly competition between those 2

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I fully expect a kid like Kravtsov to feel motivated to hold his own with Kakko and raise his game.

Under normal circumstances, the Kravtsov hype machine would be full steam ahead. But Kakko changes that a bit. Should make for some excitement.

the hype and expectations around kakko & panarin I think will benefit kravtsov as well as chytil, andersson and howden. it should motivate them all and also take alot of pressure off them. really exciting stuff.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Kakko is probably going to be the more consistent player but Kravtsov has a bag of tricks I haven't seen on the Rangers ever. He thinks outside the box. He plays All Star hockey in regular season games. It's ridiculous. I think only Elias Pettersson and Nikita Kucherov do that stuff with ease in the NHL. This new generation is fun to watch
Was Kovalev before your fandom?

Last edited:

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I think a healthy Zibanejad is easily in contention to be the NHL's most underrated player. I think in the right scenario, if everything falls into place, he's an 80-90 point center.

Personally, I'm fine if the rest of the league never sees it coming.
Hopefully his agent won't see that in the near future.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Boy I don't know, Kovalev was a ****ing wizard. It's why after 1300+ games and 1000+ points, many people still feel like he was a disappointment. The pure skill was just off the charts.
People felt that he was a diappointement while with the Rangers. You look at some of his years with the Pens and even Habs, and they dwarf what he produced with NYR. Still, there is no 1994 without him.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Kravtsov does things I haven't even seen Kovalev do. A whole new bag of tricks

I'm sure you watched many more hours of Kravtsov than I have, but from what I've seen from the highlights makes me wonder if he'd be able to pull some of those moves off at the NHL level. Filthy dangles aside he looks to be the real deal, I just don't think he'll have the space or time to make some of those plays. Hopefully i'm wrong.

Reactions: EXTRAS

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
People felt that he was a diappointement while with the Rangers. You look at some of his years with the Pens and even Habs, and they dwarf what he produced with NYR. Still, there is no 1994 without him.

Messier ends up looking foolish for the guarantee if Kovalev doesn't score that goal at the end of the 2nd period.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Messier ends up looking foolish for the guarantee if Kovalev doesn't score that goal at the end of the 2nd period.
Exactly. Remember that when he scored it felt like the weight of the world was lifted. The Devils were absolutely dominating the neutral zone. And then after the Kovalev, you could just feel the Rangers coming on.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Really excited to see this kid playing in camp and preseason. I know everyone has him penciled in, but the current cap situation could lead to some Hartford time. Hopefully he kills it and they never have to think he goes there and they are forced to make a tough choice on who is sent down.

Remembering points in time last season where a line would go out and you'd just not care who was out there because they aren't part of the plan. This season will be the exact opposite and it begins with this guy going out there and showing he can contribute in an NHL top 9 role.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Exactly. Remember that when he scored it felt like the weight of the world was lifted. The Devils were absolutely dominating the neutral zone. And then after the Kovalev, you could just feel the Rangers coming on.

I'm pretty sure he had the primary assist on Messier's first two goals in the 3rd as well.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Boy I don't know, Kovalev was a ****ing wizard. It's why after 1300+ games and 1000+ points, many people still feel like he was a disappointment. The pure skill was just off the charts.
I know many would disagree, but I still think he was the best pure stickhandler in NHL history. That includes guys like Kane and Datsyuk.

Reactions: Omark and nyr2k2

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
You have to be f***ing kidding me? a HEALTHY scratch?

Do we have confirmation of this, are we sure he isn't just dealing with a minor injury?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
How is this possible after one game? Is it an attitude thing? there is no way he was that bad in game 1 to warrant this.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
It's either an attitude thing or a coaching stupidity thing, and neither is great.

Reactions: Fitzy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad