Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
How is this possible after one game? Is it an attitude thing? there is no way he was that bad in game 1 to warrant this.

He got demoted I think early in the game and then flat out benched towards the end. From the few clips I saw, his body language wasn't great on the ice and he looked a bit lost too.

I'm not in the locker room or actively following the team so it's easy for me to say not to scratch him or whatever the case is without knowing the full story so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I think it becomes an issue when Kravtsov is consistently not playing top minutes for whatever reason. Not gonna go crazy over a one game scratch.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
It’s less about any one decision than a pattern of questionable priorities in Hartford.

Kravtsov and Chytil should be spoon fed 20 min a game. VK got 9 min and then healthy scratched. Hartford exists to serve the interests of the NYR. Couldnt care less if Fogarty or Newell or whoever feel disrespected.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What extra benefit is he going to get from going back that he won’t get here? He’s going to be the first winger called up whenever they need one anyway, so I don’t see the need to put an arbitrary date on a call up

Kravtsov didn't move here to play for chump change in the AHL. The Vesalainen path is very possible for Kravtsov

Reactions: Lias Andersson

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Kravtsov didn't move here to play for chump change in the AHL. The Vesalainen path is very possible for Kravtsov
Well, if the reports of him playing poorly last night are true, and I have no reason to doubt them, then he’s going to have to play better to not get chump change, and i think it’d be more beneficial for him to do that than to pack up and go home

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Well, if the reports of him playing poorly last night are true, and I have no reason to doubt them, then he’s going to have to play better to not get chump change, and i think it’d be more beneficial for him to do that than to pack up and go home

I don't agree that playing in the AHL is more beneficial for him than playing in the KHL

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Could Chytil and Kravtsov be off to a worse start this year? We really need these guys for secondary scoring, going to take longer than we all hoped it appears.

Reactions: Dijock94

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It’s less about any one decision than a pattern of questionable priorities in Hartford.

Kravtsov and Chytil should be spoon fed 20 min a game. VK got 9 min and then healthy scratched. Hartford exists to serve the interests of the NYR. Couldnt care less if Fogarty or Newell or whoever feel disrespected.

Very well said in bolded. Could it be in NYR and Kravtsov’s long term interests him being scratched for one game?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
How short of a memory some of you have!

Just last season Buchnevich was scratched a few times by Quinn, had to spend time on bottom lines with no PP time, and earn coaching trust with effort, doing what he was asked to do and making right plays, to now being prominently featured on what looks like a line the team didn’t have in a decade!

Coaching staff rightly expects and demands more from Kravtsov and his superior level of talent. Could you not see that this could be a benefit to Kravtsov’s development?

Last edited:

iggyDDS

Nov 15, 2005
Brooklyn
Lot of overreaction here when a) we don’t really know why he was scratched and b) it’s been 1 game.

What we do know is that he’s a great kid, coachable and has been in the states learning English for some time now. I think the concept of him going back to Russia is comical frankly.

Everything else is purely speculation at this point. Hopefully he’s not hurt, and if it was a healthy scratch hopefully it lights a fire under him to compete and perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad