Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don't think another year in Russian would hurt Kravtsov. However, if Traktor is eliminated, I would love to see him over here.

Why though? He won't play for the Rangers because this front office is not that stupid to burn a year off his ELC in a rebuilding year. They can sign him to an ATO in Hartford, sure. What good is it going to do him? Remember: There's no 9-game slide in his contract when he signs.

Reactions: darko

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Why though? He won't play for the Rangers because this front office is not that stupid to burn a year off his ELC in a rebuilding year. They can sign him to an ATO in Hartford, sure. What good is it going to do him? Remember: There's no 9-game slide in his contract when he signs.
They burnt it with Lias despite basically relegating him to a 4th line role, I wouldnt be surprised if they did what Buffalo did with Mittlesdat

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

I know there's no slide. I saw you post about it on twitter and on here.

An ATO would help him out.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I didn't say they learned in the AHL. I said they still needed adjustment. Now, you're moving the goalposts.

I also never said the skill level in the AHL and SEL was great than the KHL. I said it was different stylistically and it's more comparable to a North American game and in the case of the AHL, the rink size is NA across the board, unlike the KHL which varies, as you pointed out.

I don't think another year in Russian would hurt Kravtsov. However, if Traktor is eliminated, I would love to see him over here.

I’m with @Amazing Kreiderman on this. His point is IF a player is ready for the NHL he doesn’t need the “adjustment” time in the AHL. IF he’s not ready then continue to get better in the K because it’s a better league than A.

Kravtsov should not be playing in the NHL this season. This is pretty much a given. He needs to continue developing. From this perspective staying in the KHL for as long as there are games left to play is the best option for him. Once the KHL season is over, yeah, coming over to experience NA lifestyle, get familiar with the Rangers system, teammate, potentially AHL playoffs, rink size etc is the next best thing.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yevgeni Ryasensky with his 1st point of the season (secondary assist) and Rybakov with his 10th.

Kravtsov still leads the team in points with 17 in 33, tied with Polyganov (35 games played) and Ryan Stoa (37 games played)

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Traktor beat Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk 1-0. Goal by NikiNiki

Very important road win as Neft is their primary pursuer. Traktor is now 3 points clear of Neft with 2 games in hand. Even more importantly the win allows Traktor to keep pace with Red Star that won its home game for the virtual tie between these clubs for the 8th playoff spot.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
One of my followers on Twitter just sent me a DM saying "Wow, Kravtsov has been quiet in the last few Traktor games"

Eh.... Yeah, about that.....
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
More importantly he wore the C.

Love seeing that. I expect him to Captain this team heck of an honor. Best player and captain.

Reactions: Rongomania

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
More importantly he wore the C.

Love seeing that. I expect him to Captain this team heck of an honor. Best player and captain.
And he’s playing C. Part of me really hopes he can be a center long term though it’s very unlikely

Reactions: Rongomania
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad