Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Never been this hyped up for a WJC. K'Andre has set the bar so high after his start to the year at Wisconsin. Just hope he plays a solid game and when is the last time we had a prospect who is playing on the first line of a top team and some feel could be the top player of the tournament? Gonna be a lot of trash talking between many fans for sure lol.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Never been this hyped up for a WJC. K'Andre has set the bar so high after his start to the year at Wisconsin. Just hope he plays a solid game and when is the last time we had a prospect who is playing on the first line of a top team and some feel could be the top player of the tournament? Gonna be a lot of trash talking between many fans for sure lol.
Duclair? Pretty sure he was on the top line with Max Domi.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
How the Russian National Team uses him has little bearing on how he will be used with the Rangers.

He plays wing with Traktor.

If anything, this just shows versatility.
Yea I agree I’m saying it in response to the people saying they hope he transitions to center in the NHL, not in response to him playing center at the WJC

Reactions: Irishguy42

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Yea I agree I’m saying it in response to the people saying they hope he transitions to center in the NHL, not in response to him playing center at the WJC
This team really needs a future #1 center. If Kravtsov can become that guy thats more then fine.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
This team really needs a future #1 center. If Kravtsov can become that guy thats more then fine.
Zibanejad is a 1C
Chytil will be a 1C
Hayes is a 2C
Howden will be a 2C
Andersson will be a 2/3C
In terms of wingers in that age group the only one we have is Buchnevich, it’s a much bigger hole than at C. Especially considering the 2019 draft is absolutely loaded at C and severely lacking wingers

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Zibanejad is a 1C
Chytil will be a 1C
Hayes is a 2C
Howden will be a 2C
Andersson will be a 2/3C
In terms of wingers in that age group the only one we have is Buchnevich, it’s a much bigger hole than at C. Especially considering the 2019 draft is absolutely loaded at C and severely lacking wingers
Imo Chytil will be a winger at the Nhl level.
Also, while Mika is awesome hes more of a #2 center on a Cup winning team. I believe that Kravtsov will be a winger in the Nhl but if he can become a dominant first line center that would be amazing

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Duclair? Pretty sure he was on the top line with Max Domi.
Lias centered Sweden’s top line after the first game or two last year

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Zibanejad is a 1C
Chytil will be a 1C
Hayes is a 2C
Howden will be a 2C
Andersson will be a 2/3C
I still think Chytil is a wing long term and have said so for a while. Seems likely that Hayes will be gone. If you had Kravtsov, Zibanejad, Howden/Andersson down the middle, that could provide the theoretical top-tier center depth we've lacked. And if the team is able to add Panarin for instance to Kreider, Buchnevich, and whatever else, could look good.

I hear you on your need for wing depth, though, and I don't want to get too "Roster-Buildy" so I'll leave it at that. :)

Reactions: NY Lito

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Correct on all 3 accounts. Buchnevich didn’t do so on his first rodeo, but he was in his last tourney.

Lias and Chytil were both top liners last year. Chytil even played with Zadina and they were disgusting together.

This is Kravtsov's last tournament as well. But Kravtsov is a more well-rounded player than Buchnevich at the same age

Reactions: NY Lito

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
This is Kravtsov's last tournament as well. But Kravtsov is a more well-rounded player than Buchnevich at the same age

I agree, mind you, I don’t have access to KHL games, so you might be able to speak to this more than I would, but from what I’ve seen of them in clips and Buchnevich at the WJC games I watched, Kravtsov seems like the far more skilled player of the two. The plays he makes and the smarts he has sometimes just leave me wondering how the hell he does certain things.

Buchnevich always seemed to me like he was a good shooter and play maker and was skilled, but was moreso opportunistic. Kravtsov seems like he can create his own offense out of nowhere.

Just my own analysis. What do you think?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I agree, mind you, I don’t have access to KHL games, so you might be able to speak to this more than I would, but from what I’ve seen of them in clips and Buchnevich at the WJC games I watched, Kravtsov seems like the far more skilled player of the two. The plays he makes and the smarts he has sometimes just leave me wondering how the hell he does certain things.

Buchnevich always seemed to me like he was a good shooter and play maker and was skilled, but was moreso opportunistic. Kravtsov seems like he can create his own offense out of nowhere.

Just my own analysis. What do you think?

The way Kravtsov dictates the play at such a young age is completely different from Buchnevich. Cherepovets had more depth and was an all-round better team than Traktor this year. Kravtsov creates chances, which could be seen as opportunistic so I don't think there's much difference there. What really stands out is Kravtsov's 2-way play. He's always backchecking which is great to see. At the end of the day, it depends on how Kravtsov develops from here, but at 18, he's probably closer to Kuznetsov than he is to Buchnevich.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Yup we complained about it the whole tournament.
With reason. I would bet that if he went to WJC this year he would still be on the 2nd line behind Necas, even though he is playing 1st line minutes in the NHL while Necas is in the AHL.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I’m a big Chytil fan, but he didn’t exactly light it up at the WJC last year. His linemates didn’t do him any favors, but he wasn’t that great.

There have been plenty of other far worse cases of Rangers getting the shaft at the WJC, despite playing great.

Reactions: Blurt Vision
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad