Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I am pretty sure the answer to this is no, but what about Kravstov signing his ELC on 12/31/18 and the NYR immediately loaning him back to Traktor for the remainder of their season?

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
No.

Because Kravstov is a late birthday, he will be turning 20 between the window of September 15-December 31 2019, which means he is not eligible for a slide (since the ELC would be signed in the same calendar year).

So the minute he steps on NHL ice after his KHL season, he effectively burns a year of his ELC.
The only other scenario I can see, if allowed, is that he comes over and can practice and travel with the team, until the NHL season is over and then plays in the PO if Hartford makes it.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The only other scenario I can see, if allowed, is that he comes over and can practice and travel with the team, until the NHL season is over and then plays in the PO if Hartford makes it.
I don't think the NHL would like that. ATO and play in the end of the AHL regular season/playoffs.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Think we need to pump the brakes on that one...

I think we can safely say that we didn't reach with either pick though
"We" definitely don't need to.

I will project Kravtsov to be the next Ovechkin and Miller to be the next Chara all I frigging want dammit!

In fact, I'm going to go to the main boards and start to angrily chastise all those who dare talk about comparative scrubs like Dahlin and Petersson instead!

(6 minutes later)

Oh...I'm perma banned now from the mains

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I am pretty sure the answer to this is no, but what about Kravstov signing his ELC on 12/31/18 and the NYR immediately loaning him back to Traktor for the remainder of their season?

The NHL and KHL have agreed to honor each other's contracts, so it may not be possible for Kravtsov to sign with the Rangers while he is still under contract in the KHL. The NHL would probably block it. If his KHL team agreed to it, the NHL might be okay with it, but I don't really see a reason why his KHL team would allow that. There is no transfer agreement. His KHL team doesn't get any compensation for losing Kravtsov. There's no reason they would give up control of the player any sooner than necessary.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
You guys should read the thread. The answers are there, and not that far back.

Kravtsov will turn 20 in 2019. If we sign him to a contract after his KHL season ends, this season will count against his ELC if he plays any games in the NHL. The contract isn't eligible for the slide because he will sign it in the same calendar year in which he turns 20.
That’s all you needed to tell me, no need for the attitude. I’m busy at my job all day and don’t have time to scroll through posts

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Asked this on the main board but does anyone know why the goalie knocked the net off? Is it because Kravtsov got injured?
Anyway, it looked bad but I don’t think he’ll be out for long from that, like someone else said it looked like it hit the thigh more. Doubt he misses WJC. Hopefully I’m right

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Major news. Nothing to the knee. If it’s a bruised hip, it’ll be just a day to day thing. Didn’t look that serious of an impact besides him getting launched into the air

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Asked this on the main board but does anyone know why the goalie knocked the net off? Is it because Kravtsov got injured?
Anyway, it looked bad but I don’t think he’ll be out for long from that, like someone else said it looked like it hit the thigh more. Doubt he misses WJC. Hopefully I’m right
Traktor goalie knocked the net off? Assuming the whistle wasn't immediately blown after Kravstov went down, I imagine the goalie was trying to get a stoppage for him.

At least, I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad