Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
All I’ll say is they better not do some stupid shit and sign him to his ELC contract burning this year

Just from an expansion standpoint it’s dumb, but the team is going to be competing for a lottery pick at that point

I’m kinda hoping Traktor makes the playoffs so they’re not even tempted to do something dumb.

Reactions: RGY

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Traktor's last regular season game is against SKA on February 22. I'm not sure if there's a term limit for an ATO, but that's the best route for bringing Kravtsov over to NA this season. There's absolutely no point of burning a year off of his ELC and killing his expansion exemption status for meaningless games in March and April. If he signs his ELC next summer, he should still be eligible for a contract slide (correct me if I'm wrong @Amazing Kreiderman) and it'll give us more flexibility moving forward.

Traktor and Neftekhimik are right behind Kunlun for the 8th seed in their conference, so the playoffs aren't fully out of reach. If they make it, they're looking at a quick sweep to Avtomobilist, who has been one of the best KHL teams this season.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Traktor's last regular season game is against SKA on February 22. I'm not sure if there's a term limit for an ATO, but that's the best route for bringing Kravtsov over to NA this season. There's absolutely no point of burning a year off of his ELC and killing his expansion exemption status for meaningless games in March and April. If he signs his ELC next summer, he should still be eligible for a contract slide (correct me if I'm wrong @Amazing Kreiderman) and it'll give us more flexibility moving forward.

Traktor and Neftekhimik are right behind Kunlun for the 8th seed in their conference, so the playoffs aren't fully out of reach. If they make it, they're looking at a quick sweep to Avtomobilist, who has been one of the best KHL teams this season.
Not eligible for a slide if he signs passed December 31,2018 because he’ll be signing an ELC in the year he turns 20

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Also, I get why people don’t want to burn his ELC year/expansion eligibility, but I think with where this team is at/going it’s not an issue
Ehh I would disgaree

Chytil and Lias not being exempt makes things a bit tighter

But your point is a valid one. This team will look drastically different in 3 years. Depends on who's signed and who hasn't been traded

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Ehh I would disgaree

Chytil and Lias not being exempt makes things a bit tighter

But your point is a valid one. This team will look drastically different in 3 years. Depends on who's signed and who hasn't been traded
It makes things tighter, but it’s still pretty loose IMO. The only forward signed through then is Zibanejad and I wouldn’t even call him a 100% lock to still be here

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Pionk DeAngelo Skjei

Chytil Zibanejad kreider lias Howden buchnevich Kravstov Panarin

That’s 3 and 8 right there. So it’s tight of course there are a lot of assumptions there

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Pionk DeAngelo Skjei

That’s 3 and 8 right there. So it’s tight of course there are a lot of assumptions there
Right, and if we keep Hayes that is another one who needs to be protected.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Pionk DeAngelo Skjei

I was making my count without Panarin but the point here is that even without Kravtsov (a variable where the Rangers could plan around) the team already can identify 6 forwards that it should protect. Only one more spot for flexibility. If Kravtsov is coming over after Traktor's season is over it should be on ATO with Hartford. Any NHL playing option would be a mismanagement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Blooded

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
don't like burning the year and the obvious potential impact on the expansion draft but we should also consider that this isn't like signing a ncaa player on the last day of the season and burning the year for 1 game. if he's done that early he could potentially play 20 games. and not really seeing the negative for his development in that.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I do t think there any way he plays for NYR this season. As other have mentioned there’s zero point. We aren’t in the hunt for a playoff spot so we burn a year so he can get a cup of coffee? Makes zero sense.

Now, bring him over to the NYR org and having him play in Hartford and being coached and trained by us makes sense.

Missing the playoffs for Traktor the. Rushing here to miss them again in the NHL isn’t ideal especially when it involves expansion draft protection

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Ugh, absolutely no reason to waste an expansion protection spot to bring him over this season. Let him go the ATO route in Hartford and tell him we expect him to compete for the NHL spot next season.

Just because we can theoretically accommodate it doesn't mean we need to waste it.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Zero points vs Barys so far. Btw, that kid, that scored both Barys' goals, Orekhov, is 1999 year as well, but he's 5 months older, than Vitaly. 5 points in 5 last KHL games, and he's undrafted...

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
.50ppg click in the KHL at his age sure is impressive, looking forward to seeing him play in the states. Can he come over and pick up a spot on the Pack without any hoop jumping? Does he get 7 NHL games without burning a year? Someone dumb this shit down for me.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Can they have him play in Hartford and then let him finish the last few games in NY like they did with Chytil and Lias? That way they don’t have to burn a year.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
We heard the same rumors about Buchnevich, so there's no certainty there.

But all things considered I would STRONGLY recommend not burning the ELC year.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Can they have him play in Hartford and then let him finish the last few games in NY like they did with Chytil and Lias? That way they don’t have to burn a year.

You guys should read the thread. The answers are there, and not that far back.

Kravtsov will turn 20 in 2019. If we sign him to a contract after his KHL season ends, this season will count against his ELC if he plays any games in the NHL. The contract isn't eligible for the slide because he will sign it in the same calendar year in which he turns 20.

Reactions: Joey Bones

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
No.

Because Kravstov is a late birthday, he will be turning 20 between the window of September 15-December 31 2019, which means he is not eligible for a slide (since the ELC would be signed in the same calendar year).

So the minute he steps on NHL ice after his KHL season, he effectively burns a year of his ELC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->