Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #22 - K'Andre Miller (D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Assuming the Rangers have anywhere from 2-4 first round picks in this draft, you’re talking about 8-10 former first round picks between 2016-2019 potentially being in the mix — to say nothing about the possibility of two or more first rounders from 2020 and 2021, and whatever talent emerges from outside the first round over that same span.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Assuming the Rangers have anywhere from 2-4 first round picks in this draft, you’re talking about 8-10 former first round picks between 2016-2019 potentially being in the mix — to say nothing about the possibility of two or more first rounders from 2020 and 2021, and whatever talent emerges from outside the first round over that same span.

Actually really exciting to think about. Could be looking at the following influx as soon as next year.

Kakko/Hughes
Kravstov
Chytil
Andersson

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
That's gonna be the big transition year on the backend. Staal, Shattenkirk, Smith, and Lundqvist are all on the last year of their deals in 2020-2021.

Yeah, we have to start a rebuild then again to build up a new blueline.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Actually really exciting to think about. Could be looking at the following influx as soon as next year.

Kakko/Hughes
Kravstov
Chytil
Andersson

If all, or at least most goes well, you'll see waves.

Certainly Andersson and Chytil are expected next year. Possibly Kravstov. There's a chance whoever the Rangers select with their top pick in 2019 can step in as well. I'd say there's a reasonable chance Keane could make the club next season,and Hajek should be competing. Lindgren could be in that mix, as could Bigras.

Though it will be important to keep in mind that these kids aren't going to all coming flying out of the gate and putting up their peak projection points.

Beyond that, you have Miller, someone from 2019, one of the defensive names from above, Rykov, and so on and so forth.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If all, or at least most goes well, you'll see waves.

Certainly Andersson and Chytil are expected next year. Possibly Kravstov. There's a chance whoever the Rangers select with their top pick in 2019 can step in as well. I'd say there's a reasonable chance Keane could make the club next season,and Hajek should be competing. Lindgren could be in that mix, as could Bigras.

Though it will be important to keep in mind that these kids aren't going to all coming flying out of the gate and putting up their peak projection points.

Beyond that, you have Miller, someone from 2019, one of the defensive names from above, Rykov, and so on and so forth.

Moreover, some of them will be shuttling between NY and Hartford, be healthy scratches, etc. Just part of continuous development process.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I know his numbers look good, but how is he looking defensively? that'll be the biggest transition for him

I think overall he’s been good defensively. His big defensive strengths that I’ve seen are breaking up plays at the blue line, battling along the boards (he’s waaay stronger than like 90% of the players he’s had to battle with, he got a roughing penalty Friday for essentially bouncing someone off the boards like they were a basketball), and clearing the front of the net. I haven’t seen any misreads like the ones he’s prone to in the offensive zone when playing defense, but the big weakness I’ve seen is that when he’s in a passing lane he can let passes get through him clean

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Would you say he's strong like a Dustin Byfuglien? or is it just a case of him being more physically mature and bigger than his competition?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Would you say he's strong like a Dustin Byfuglien? or is it just a case of him being more physically mature and bigger than his competition?

He’s just naturally stronger than most people.

That’s going to carry over as he fills out. He’s not as physically mature as he is just physically gifted

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
He’s just naturally stronger than most people.

That’s going to carry over as he fills out. He’s not as physically mature as he is just physically gifted

Love having prospects that are just athletic freaks. Very fun to follow, though easy to get carried away with expectations.

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
I’d say that usually plays a part for a guy his size in NA but he’s playing NCAA so in theory most of his competition is already physically matured... I mean you have guys in their mid 20s playing on a lot of teams

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I promise I'm super excited by this but I fully expect his scoring to fall off a cliff now or next year. Something tells me it won't, I think we picked a great player here despite my idiotic initial reaction to it but I just feel like I've seen this from so many different prospects so my brain is like "Oh I know this pattern!"

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The offense is surprising, but not shocking.

The long-term work will be on defensive play — reads, adjustments, positioning, timing, learning to pick his spots, etc.

Right now the competition hasn’t adjusted to him yet. But the more he gets on radars, the more those adjustments will follow.

That’s not to say he can’t adjust in turn, just something we need to remember before we let the fantasies get too far ahead of the challenges that will inevitably come.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad