GDT: 2018 NHL Draft Lottery - 7:30 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Edmonton, if they trade that pick, is looking for immediate help.
Honestly who would they want off of our roster? I can think of two and no way I trade them (kreider or skjei). Maybe they want zucc idk?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Honestly who would they want off of our roster? I can think of two and no way I trade them (kreider or skjei). Maybe they want zucc idk?

They may have interest in Spooner and Vesey too, although the Rangers would have to add to both more than they’d have to add to Zuccarello. Problem is, Oilers also might have cap problems.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Zucc by himself is worth of a mid first pick, at worst a late first. Straight up for their pick is not unreasonable, him for Edmonton's pick at 10 that's a stretch you will have to add. But I think some people undervalue Zucc here.

It would hurt seeing zucc go but if Edmonton trades us the 10th for zucc and the lower of the tb boston pick I guess we have to do it

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
3 1st round picks.

2 2nds.

2 3rds.

Spooner. Namestnikov. Zuccarello.

There will be some fireworks at the draft.
1000%. Although I feel we deal those guys for next year picks. Spread out the 1st rounders, and also hope Tampa wins the SC.

I think what happens is Jeff and the scouting department fall in love with someone inbetween 3-6 like Zadina, Boqvist, Walstrom and make a deal. I think a deal could happen either with Montreal or Vancoucer. 3-10 prospects is a hit or miss this year, depends on what GM loves whatever player.

I would be willing to do a deal with Montreal like:
MTL/NYR
9th Overall Pick.
29th Overall Pick.
39th Overall Pick.
To Montreal For:
3rd Overall Pick.

Or with Vancouver:
VAN/NYR:
9th Overall Pick.
48th Overall Pick.
To Vancouver For:
7th Overall Pick

Then draft Zadina or Boqvist.
Fair deal for both sides?

Reactions: NewYorkNick

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Zucc by himself is worth of a mid first pick, at worst a late first. Straight up for their pick is not unreasonable, him for Edmonton's pick at 10 that's a stretch you will have to add. But I think some people undervalue Zucc here.
Dallas probably would want to make a bigger splash than Zuccarello, since they’re hosting the draft.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
1000%. Although I feel we deal those guys for next year picks. Spread out the 1st rounders, and also hope Tampa wins the SC.

I think what happens is Jeff and the scouting department fall in love with someone inbetween 3-6 like Zadina, Boqivst, Walstrom and make a deal. I think a deal could happen either with Montreal or Vancoucer. 3-10 prospects is a hit or miss this year, depends on what GM loves whatever player.

MTL/NYR
9th Overall Pick.
29th Overall Pick.
39th Overall Pick.
To Montreal For:
3rd Overall Pick.

I'd rather keep our picks.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

I don’t disagree at all about Zucc’s value. I do question if Zucc is the best investment for Edm with their pick though.

If Edmonton wants to get gully, I think they target a dmen with that pick, instead of a pending UFA winger.

However, they might consider that pick for a forward like Kreider, possibly. Younger. Signed for 2 more years. A Potential perfect compliment to McJackass.

I think I’m one of the few here that isn’t opposed to moving Kreider, but the 10th overall doesn’t cut it. So maybe there’s a possibility for a bigger transaction here with Edm?

Gorton has the assets to make big time moves. We just acquired a plethora of attractive prospects. We have vets. We have tweeners like Spoon+Names. We also have players that teams desperately desire in Zibby+Hayes.

Gorton Is locked and loaded. I honestly wouldn’t mind standing pat, aside for a medium move or two. But im very eager to see how Gorton plays his hand here.

He’s been ballsy since taking over, so we know moves will be made. The question is how big.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

I think what happens is Jeff and the scouting department fall in love with someone inbetween 3-6 like Zadina, Boqvist, Walstrom and make a deal. I think a deal could happen either with Montreal or Vancoucer. 3-10 prospects is a hit or miss this year, depends on what GM loves whatever player.

MTL/NYR
9th Overall Pick.
29th Overall Pick.
39th Overall Pick.
To Montreal For:
3rd Overall Pick.

Or with Vancouver:
VAN/NYR:
9th Overall Pick.
48th Overall Pick.
To Vancouver For:
7th Overall Pick

I worry a bit about Zadina.

Boqvist is a player I would absolutely love. I think Vancouver would too though.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I don’t disagree at all about Zucc’s value. I do question if Zucc is the best investment for Edm with their pick though.

If Edmonton wants to get gully, I think they target a dmen with that pick, instead of a pending UFA winger.

However, they might consider that pick for a forward like Kreider, possibly. Younger. Signed for 2 more years. A Potential perfect compliment to McJackass.

I think I’m one of the few here that isn’t opposed to moving Kreider, but the 10th overall doesn’t cut it. So maybe there’s a possibility for a bigger transaction here with Edm?

Gorton has the assets to make big time moves. We just acquired a plethora of attractive prospects. We have vets. We have tweeners like Spoon+Names. We also have players that teams desperately desire in Zibby+Hayes.

Gorton Is locked and loaded. I honestly wouldn’t mind standing pat, aside for a medium move or two. But im very eager to see how Gorton plays his hand here.

He’s been ballsy since taking over, so we know moves will be made. The question is how big.

I've read several times that moving Eberle hurt them a lot, their depth at the top 6 needs an upgrade. Sure Kreider is the ideal fit but you aren't getting him for the 10th overall, sorry his value is better than that. Zucc plus picks or another asset? OK.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I've read several times that moving Eberle hurt them a lot, their depth at the top 6 needs an upgrade. Sure Kreider is the ideal fit but you aren't getting him for the 10th overall, sorry his value is better than that. Zucc plus picks or another asset? OK.
In a vacuum, the value is fine. In reality, they’re not the team that’s going to mortgage the 10th overall for a 30 year old pending UFA who probably won’t re-sign there.

If they move that pick, which I very well think they might, it’ll be for a younger player that has more than a year on his contract. Like a Kreider. Even Namestnikov++ or Spooner++.

Last edited:

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
In a vacuum, the value is fine. In reality, they’re not the team that’s going to mortgage the 10th overall for a 30 year old pending UFA who probably won’t re-sign there.

If they move that pick, which I very well think they might, it’ll be for a younger player that has more than a year on his contract. Like a Kreider. Even Namestnikov or Spooner.
That could make sense, not sure how the Edmonton front office views either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad