GDT: 2018 NHL Draft Lottery - 7:30 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
You guys need to try this thing that was posted on one of the other boards.

http://draftwired.com:8888/apps/dwNHL

If it doesn't work look for the thread that is called "Draftwired NHL is now live." Ive been glued to this thing for 4 days.
Unfortunately it does not work on smartphones. But it's awesome.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
:laugh:

The reactions to my post are so ridiculous. Who is being a dad?

A person who gets upset that the 20% probability didn’t happen and the 70% probability did is stupid.

Should I really have sympathy for stupid people?

No wonder so many people believe in so many conspiracy theories.

Anyone who invests in caring about something that they believe might be rigged is just not very bright.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
On the Zuccarello idea to Edmonton to get the 10OA--Edmonton might like Zucc but would Zucc like Edmonton?---that might not be all that concerning to those proposing the deal but from Edmonton's perspective if they make that deal they have him for only one year. From my perspective as a Ranger fan Zucc would not be the first player I'd offer for the 10O---we could use Zucc for next season and always trade him at the deadline for something maybe akin to what we got in the Nash deal. My first idea would be the 26/27 and the 39 and maybe add a sweetener.

Of the roster forwards Spooner is the one I'd be most likely to want to move---simply because he's an RFA with arb rights and he's around $2.9 mil and he's going to want in the $3.5 mil range in his new deal and he's a 40/45 player who has never scored more than 13 goals in an NHL season. I don't value him as a $3.5 mil per player---more like a $2.5. Zucc is pretty good bang for the buck--Spooner isn't. Keep in mind Spooner is also one of Chiarelli's guys from Boston.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
If Gorton spends assets to move from 9th to 7th I will be livid

it's a very New York Jets thing to do ;)

just really happy we can be flexible in the first round. hang tight at 9 unless there's something there we really want. agreed with -31-, someone is bound to fall to us

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
On the Zuccarello idea to Edmonton to get the 10OA--Edmonton might like Zucc but would Zucc like Edmonton?---that might not be all that concerning to those proposing the deal but from Edmonton's perspective if they make that deal they have him for only one year. From my perspective as a Ranger fan Zucc would not be the first player I'd offer for the 10O---we could use Zucc for next season and always trade him at the deadline for something maybe akin to what we got in the Nash deal. My first idea would be the 26/27 and the 39 and maybe add a sweetener.

Of the roster forwards Spooner is the one I'd be most likely to want to move---simply because he's an RFA with arb rights and he's around $2.9 mil and he's going to want in the $3.5 mil range in his new deal and he's a 40/45 player who has never scored more than 13 goals in an NHL season. I don't value him as a $3.5 mil per player---more like a $2.5. Zucc is pretty good bang for the buck--Spooner isn't. Keep in mind Spooner is also one of Chiarelli's guys from Boston.

Most of us exploring Zuccarello to Edmonton don’t want to reduce the number of picks we have. That’s the whole point. So your thought of late 1st + early 2nd isn’t really what we had in mind.

Didn’t think of the Spooner-Chiarelli connection. That could be interesting.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say tkachuk would be an amazing guy to get outta this draft....even if we had to trade up to get him. Checks off so many boxes

Reactions: eco's bones

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Ottawas must surrender their 1st round pick next year. They have to fear the possibility losing Karlsson regardless of their confidence in keeping him. Thus far, the Duchene trade looks really bad as well. Mark Stone is due a big pay increase, ditto for Cody Ceci. They have the 4th overall, but they could use more than that. I see them as a prime target for a trade.

4th overall + Bobby Ryan for 9th overall or 4th overall for 9th overall + 30th/31st overall (Tampa/Boston pick).

Then

10th overall (EDM) for Zuccarello + 39th overall + 71st overall.

Spooner + 48th overall for TJ Brodie

Montreal definitely is a prime suspect for drafting Tkachuk early. Zadina could certainly be there at 4. If he isn't, take Boqvist. Kravtsov/Bokk/Noel could likely be there at 26 (our other pick is guarantee to be there based on the loser of the Tampa/Boston series).

Out:
9th overall
31st overall
39th overall
48th overall
71st overall
Zuccarello
Spooner

In:
4th overall - Zadina/Boqvist
10th overall - Farabee/Dobson
TJ Brodie

26th overall - Kravtsov/Bokk/Noel
I love this strategy.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I want Ottawa's 4th pick. I don't see them giving it up though.
OH, I think that pick is 100% available. Ottawa is a mess right now.

• Karlsson most likely will leave next summer (they will look to unload him this summer / TDL) to get something in return.
  • They owe Ryan like 30M ... LOL that contract is horrendous.
  • They will have to surrender a first round pick next year.
  • Their pipeline is thin.
  • They have more needs and issues than any team picking in the top 15. Period. Heck Montreal and Arizona are in better shape.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Possible, though I don’t know how they do it.

I think Dallas or Florida could be potential partners, but not sure they get higher.

I think Florida wants/needs to make the playoffs next year. And I thought they already had some decent prospects in the pipeline. I would try to work a deal for their pick (15) and perhaps target Farabee or Kotkaniemi there assuming we take Hughes/Dobson/Bouchard at 9 (assuming we are still at 9).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad