2018 NHL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
IF we finish dead last and don't get either of those two this draft, I will become a full time soccer fan and never watch the NHL again.

Join Team Germany(If you ever wanna go with soccer), we have a coach who isnt a asshat,a development system thats top of the world and we've qualified for every world cup since 1954 oh and we've made the Semis minimum since 2002.

Reactions: Heldig

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
There's some discussion that Brady Tkachuk will only do 1 year at BU. Once drafted, he'll sign his ELC and then go play for the London Knights.

Both are really strong programs.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Veleno traded from Saint John to Drummondville. He was point per game (31 in 31) with the Sea Dogs. Will be interesting to see what this trade does to his draft stock.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Quinn Hughes is a guy that intrigues me at 4/5.

Standard disclaimers about undersized defensemen aside, he should be in the conversation there. More Brannstrom than Makar but better than either of them at this stage.

Still not really sold on Veleno as a top 10 talent. He's a good playmaker but I don't see enough from the rest of his game to project him as a top line player. Looks more like a Sam Gagner type to me.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Brady Tkachuk could leave BU midseason to go to the London Knights. Is there any precedent for this?

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Interesting to see which of the top 5 are NHL-ready for next year. Coyotes will likely be picking there but don't really have room for another ELC unless they start adding dead cap.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'd say the top two are NHL ready and others could be ready but shouldn't be rushed. Boqvist has the skill and the pro experience but he's still a whittle guy. Zadina had the pro build and the skill but he's still got to round his game out a lot. Tkachuk had the build and skill but may have some maturity issues and can't even really get himself to adapt properly as an amateur at this point. Hughes is even smaller than Boqvist and should probably wait. I think just Svechnikov and Dahlin are NHLers next season, unless some dumb team makes a bad mistake a rushes someone else.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'd say the top two are NHL ready and others could be ready but shouldn't be rushed. Boqvist has the skill and the pro experience but he's still a whittle guy. Zadina had the pro build and the skill but he's still got to round his game out a lot. Tkachuk had the build and skill but may have some maturity issues and can't even really get himself to adapt properly as an amateur at this point. Hughes is even smaller than Boqvist and should probably wait. I think just Svechnikov and Dahlin are NHLers next season, unless some dumb team makes a bad mistake a rushes someone else.

If a team thinks the kid has talent and can play at the NHL level they will. Most times their evaluation is right, not the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad