GDT: 2018 NHL Awards Discussion - 8PM - NBCSN/Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Mack and Hall basically had the same resumé for the Hart. Was hoping Colorado's improvement would make it Mack's, but that wasn't enough to overcome Hall being more familiar to most of the voters.

I think the things that did it for Hall were his personal 26 game point streak, officially 18 games, and having 41 more points than the closet next player in Hischier (a rookie), and almost more than the next 2 players behind him, combined.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Congratulations to Taylor Hall for winning the award for best player on a mediocre team.
Sad that the award seems to have turned into a joke.

Here are all the players who had a better season than Hall:
Mcdavid, Giroux, Kucherov, Malkin, MacKinnon, Kopitar.

How can the seventh best forward in the league be the mvp?

Reactions: MacBradley

Oil Spill

Net Detective
Jan 21, 2013

I don't get this people acting like they knew Hall would win a Hart. When he was traded he wasn't the player he is now, Congrats to Hall for the Hart he deserves it and Devils fans for winning that trade but at the time it wasn't that lopsided.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
I don't get this people acting like they knew Hall would win a Hart. When he was traded he wasn't the player he is now, Congrats to Hall for the Hart he deserves it and Devils fans for winning that trade but at the time it wasn't that lopsided.

I mean, agreed to an extent, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the hell out of the trade now with the gift of hindsight.

Reactions: Peanut and glenwo2

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Why the hell did William Karlsson, Wheeler and Malkin get 1st place votes for the Hart?? Makes you wonder who votes for the hart.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A total of 8 players received 1st-place votes for the Hart Trophy <a href="Sportsnet Stats on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/9Tcz28pF2T</a></p>&mdash; Sportsnet Stats (@SNstats) <a href="">June 21, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Nobody knew he would win a hart but it absolutely was that lopsided. Saying otherwise is just nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad