GDT: 2018 NHL Awards Discussion - 8PM - NBCSN/Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
What Boyle went through was incredible and i don't want to say he is not worthy of it because he is but Jordan Staal in my opinion persevered more than anyone nominated. To lose a child is the ultimate loss and to come back from that was insane. Hell give it to both of them!

Reactions: thegr8one66

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
That makes no sense. Neither Hall or MacKinnon have won anything. Defense and goaltending does win championships.

You need at least a little bit of everything to win championships.

The Lindsay is for the best player. That's what the Hart should be.

What's needed are different awards. The best player in the league isn't necessarily the most valuable to his team in a given year when taking all teams into account. He can be, but doesn't have to be. It's an age old debate in sports, and it never gets solved.

Either create/define more awards to reflect a complex reality, or do away with them altogether. Or, keep it the way it is, and keep the endless debate going.

Reactions: thegr8one66

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
What Boyle went through was incredible and i don't want to say he is not worthy of it because he is but Jordan Staal in my opinion persevered more than anyone nominated. To lose a child is the ultimate loss and to come back from that was insane. Hell give it to both of them!

I hate this award. Not that the winners aren't justified in getting recognition, but it feels unseemly and creepy to judge the perseverance between a cancer diagnosis and losing a child.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
I hate this award. Not that the winners aren't justified in getting recognition, but it feels unseemly and creepy to judge the perseverance between a cancer diagnosis and losing a child.

Both are awful outcomes-there's no denying that and I have no jealousy of either situation. As a parent though-gun to my head-I have to pick one of the outcomes, it's a no-brainer: you take the cancer. I'd rather die (literally) than have my child die and I think any parent worth their salt would agree.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Have suffered myself through this show now. Thanks for your comments, and "I agree with all of them." Basically.

How absolutely horrible can they make this?

No. I don't want to know that. Let's hope this was just the all-time-low.

And they get someone with talent to make the next years show.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Oh. And I was to quick to say I had suffered through it.

The speach by the widow was excellent. Excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad