OT: 2018 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Barkley is starting to remind me a bit of Reggie Bush. Not great between the tackles but will bust some. But out of the backfield outstanding when you throw him the ball

He still needs better run blocking

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

He still needs better run blocking

Is this the crux of the issue?

I haven't watched much of the Giants this season, but I notice his rushing stats are pretty poor. What's more concerning is if you remove say, his top 2 or 3 and worst 2 or 3 rushes (figure-skating scoring style), the bulk of his body of work is statistically terrible.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Is this the crux of the issue?

I haven't watched much of the Giants this season, but I notice his rushing stats are pretty poor. What's more concerning is if you remove say, his top 2 or 3 and worst 2 or 3 rushes (figure-skating scoring style), the bulk of his body of work is statistically terrible.

That's true, it's a combination of things. And perhaps he's still being bothered a bit with the hamstring injury that he experienced in pre season. Those things generally don't just disappear

He's already a good player and has the potential to be very good consistently. But I think the Giants went a bit overboard in hyping him. I don't understand why and it did him no favors. Gettleman in particular

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Brees has been a larger than life figure in NO since the day he arrived in 2006. His impact on he city transcends sports. Every child in South Louisiana has a Brees Jersey. When the Saints won the Super Bowl more people watched the parade than lived in the City. If you can get to a Saints game do it. Even at his age he is a remarkable talent. The best game I’ve ever seen him play was against the Falcons this season. When the dust settles people will look back on his career and realize how great he really was.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Brees has been a larger than life figure in NO since the day he arrived in 2006. His impact on he city transcends sports. Every child in South Louisiana has a Brees Jersey. When the Saints won the Super Bowl more people watched the parade than lived in the City. If you can get to a Saints game do it. Even at his age he is a remarkable talent. The best game I’ve ever seen him play was against the Falcons this season. When the dust settles people will look back on his career and realize how great he really was.
The atmosphere outside of the Superdome is second to none. It's not a tailgate, it's a cultural phenomenon. And I was there when they were having a terrible year. I can only imagine what it was like tonight or during the sb season.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
The atmosphere outside of the Superdome is second to none. It's not a tailgate, it's a cultural phenomenon. And I was there when they were having a terrible year. I can only imagine what it was like tonight or during the sb season.

A big Saints win is akin to a NJ win over the NYR in a big playoff game. Oh and Brees was 26/29 tonight and is over 80% completion rate for the season with no int. Really impressive stuff.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

Didn't the chargers run him out of town for Philip Rivers?

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Didn't the chargers run him out of town for Philip Rivers?
Pretty much.

What a different league it would be if the chargers were happy with Brees and instead of drafting and trading Eli they gave him Fitzgerald as a weapon with the #1 oa.

Does Eli pull the same stunt with Oakland or Arizona? Possibly. They're pretty inept franchises as well. Do the chargers actually make it to a super bowl? Do the Saints remain terrible for another decade? Do the giants still win at least 1 super bowl with rivers? I'd say yes, but who knows.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
about as 'exciting' as emmitt smith passing payton for rushing…ya….smith was good………

but no, ill take sweetness all day

Meh. They've had a very promising start to the season, Brees is playing great at 39, and he just passed one of the best of all time. I'd be excited if I were a Saints fan.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Drew Brees never steered me wrong in fantasy. Thanks to his historic game, I won my matchup and am now the only undefeated team in my league.

NO has a tough stretch of games after the bye week. Watch for the matchup against the Vikes and Rams closely. I’d expect him to come out of the bye against BAL with zip since he hasn’t beaten them in his career and this may Be his last chance. After that I’d expect rough sledding the next few games.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
NO has a tough stretch of games after the bye week. Watch for the matchup against the Vikes and Rams closely. I’d expect him to come out of the bye against BAL with zip since he hasn’t beaten them in his career and this may Be his last chance. After that I’d expect rough sledding the next few games.
Good thing my backup is Matt Ryan, then.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If the refs dont overturn this I give up. Eagle returner is laying on the ground with the ball and the entire Giant team is laying on top of him. Clearly Eagles ball.

EDIT: Thank the lord. That would have been horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad