OT: 2018 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not a busy time now but who knows when someone else will get suspended like Jamieus Winston who’s out for the first three games next year (personal conduct).

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Says the Dolphins fan. :) :laugh:

I mean come on!!

DjXyh5uUYAE6U3l.jpg:large

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
He missed 3 practices. :laugh:

He actually wasn't even the last 1st rounder to sign, there's still one more.

Whatever the case is, he's here and that's all that matters.
Barkley missed 0 and signed almost the exact same deal. That's how you run an organization. Darnold is supposed to lead the franchise for the next decade + and he's holding out and/or the jets are lowballing him?

I try not to sh*t on jets fans and I'd like to see them do well. It's just been such a gong show for such a long time that I don't know how you guys don't show up on game day, without tickets, with paper mache woody heads on sticks.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Was the holdout (which lasted all of three days) really the organization's fault or the agent's fault? There were conflicting reports over what the real issue was with the contract language but overall it just seemed so petty for it to come to this.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Barkley missed 0 and signed almost the exact same deal. That's how you run an organization. Darnold is supposed to lead the franchise for the next decade + and he's holding out and/or the jets are lowballing him?

I try not to sh*t on jets fans and I'd like to see them do well. It's just been such a gong show for such a long time that I don't know how you guys don't show up on game day, without tickets, with paper mache woody heads on sticks.

There's been conflicting reports as mentioned above as to whether it had to do with him basically having language in the contract that would allow him to double dip and get paid by the Jets and another team were he to be cut and signed elsewhere. Evidently Mayfield and Allen signed their contracts with this language removed and that was supposedly the holdup? At the end of the day, it really is a non-issue. These things do still happen with rookie deals. It truly is just the business side of things and it'll be water under the bridge from here.

And say what everyone will about the Jets, but the Giants were the ones looking like a gongshow last year. :laugh: But new regime, so new beginnings. I hold no ill will to Big Blue and like Barkley a lot, so I hope he thrives over there.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
It's ancient history already. Darnold I think likes to play up the clean cut choir boy stuff but make no mistake about it this guy is extremely business savvy and he knows to absolutely get all that you can and want right now because in the NFL everything can either be taken away from you in an instant. Just ask Teddy Bridgewater. One wrong step and the trajectory of his career shifted dramatically. As much as it ate him up inside, he still played hardball and wasn't afraid to be portrayed in a negative light right away. It wasn't that long ago that Eli Manning was getting absolutely roasted for forcing his way out of San Diego before even taking an NFL snap. You do what you have to do

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017

I wouldn't be dumping on another team after what the Giants were last year. They are far from a model franchise right now. And while I do think Barkley will be a good player, I think them passing on Darnold for a running back will haunt them for the next decade if not more.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I wouldn't be dumping on another team after what the Giants were last year. They are far from a model franchise right now. And while I do think Barkley will be a good player, I think them passing on Darnold for a running back will haunt them for the next decade if not more.
Standard abused jets fan rhetoric after the giants have a down year or two. I'll roll with the franchise that has won a super bowl in every decade of my existence while you enjoy Sanchez 2.0.

Cheers!

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Standard abused jets fan rhetoric after the giants have a down year or two. I'll roll with the franchise that has won a super bowl in every decade of my existence while you enjoy Sanchez 2.0.

Cheers!

That franchise doesn't exist anymore. And it's not going to be an easy road having the class of the NFL (Philly) in your division for the next decade. It really says something that you had settle for bad, retread coach and gm in the off season. That is something that didn't happen to them. These are not the George Young-Parcells Giants anymore.

As of this moment you can't put yourself above the Jets when it comes to drafting, scouting, coaching, ownership or a bright future. You seem to get your kicks putting them down but that just speaks to your insecurity. You're probably below their level. But forget them, you have to figure out a way to pass Dallas and Philly which are far superior organizations in every way

Last edited:

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
That franchise doesn't exist anymore. And it's not going to be an easy road having the class of the NFL (Philly) in your division for the next decade. It really says something that you had settle for bad, retread coach and gm in the off season. That is something that didn't happen to them. These are not the George Young-Parcells Giants anymore.

As of this moment you can't put yourself above the Jets when it comes to drafting, scouting, coaching, ownership or a bright future. You seem to get your kicks putting them down but that just speaks to your insecurity. You're probably below their level. But forget them, you have to figure out a way to pass Dallas and Philly which are far superior organizations in every way
You're taking us back to the 90's when they've won 2 super bowls since.

Mara and Tisch have sold the team? Why break that big time news on a hockey message board? And the absurdity of a jets fan having the gall to talk about any teams ownership (sans the Redskins and the browns) is adorable.

Shurmur did a great job with Minny last year and gettleman took the Panthers to a super bowl.

Your only valid point is Philly as it's going to suck having them in the division for a while.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Just a reminder, flaming and trolling rules apply to the non hockey threads too.

Obviously Giant fans can play the better history card all they please on Jet fans the way Yankee fans can do with Mets fans but it’s a silly form of trash talk in this case when the Giants have an old Eli and ??? still left in the organization from their last playoff win six years ago.

And all this started over the stupid three day Darnold holdout which for all we know was an agent attempt at a power play. Let’s see what happens when OBJ either gets overpaid or resumes bickering about his contract.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Shurmur is a flat out bad coach. He was the Giants 3rd choice but McDaniels and Patricia would have none of them. Nobody wanted Gettleman either because of his age and attitude. He was a dumpster dive choice

After last year Geno and McAdoo debacle plus the issue with the kicker years ago, I'd say Mara is pretty much a phony. Giants are probably in for a long long decade

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Shurmur is a flat out bad coach. He was the Giants 3rd choice but McDaniels and Patricia would have none of them. Nobody wanted Gettleman either because of his age and attitude. He was a dumpster dive choice

After last year Geno and McAdoo debacle plus the issue with the kicker years ago, I'd say Mara is pretty much a phony. Giants are probably in for a long long decade

Barkley will win games for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad