OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Uh, did this surprise you?

I'm pretty sure Darnold wasn't even a legitimate consideration.

And the hottest take in this entire thread is awarded to...

How many records did Barkley have to break and how many all time greats and current stars did he have surpass or come close to to make you believe he's a worthy recipient?

Ridiculous.

no one said Barkley wasn't worthy. He had a tremendous year.

However, QB is way more important than RB

Mayfield broke the rookie passing TD record btw. And he didnt start all the games.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
The holding call on that Gurley run changed the entire game. Pats have the refs in their pockets once again. I'm so sick of this sport

Reactions: tr83

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The holding call on that Gurley run changed the entire game. Pats have the refs in their pockets once again. I'm so sick of this sport

Dunno about that, but the NFL is breathing a sigh of relief, because if the Rams won this game it forever would have had an unofficial asterisk next to their championship.

Reactions: My3Sons

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
no one said Barkley wasn't worthy. He had a tremendous year.

However, QB is way more important than RB

Mayfield broke the rookie passing TD record btw. And he didnt start all the games.
Yes, you absolutely stated Barkley wasn't worthy.

Importance of position is completely dependent on the players we're discussing.

As a general rule? Obviously qb is more valuable. To the Giants offense? Saquon was more valuable than Eli currently is and even more so than Beckham has ever been.

Rookie passing records are nowhere near as impressive as rushing ones as most great qb's eventually get smashed if they even sniff starting their first year out of college. Don't buy that? Take a look at Sam.

Barkley surpassed Zeke this year. No one was comparing Mayfield to Brees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad