OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Yes, you absolutely stated Barkley wasn't worthy.

Importance of position is completely dependent on the players we're discussing.

As a general rule? Obviously qb is more valuable. To the Giants offense? Saquon was more valuable than Eli currently is and even more so than Beckham has ever been.

Rookie passing records are nowhere near as impressive as rushing ones as most great qb's eventually get smashed if they even sniff starting their first year out of college. Don't buy that? Take a look at Sam.

Barkley surpassed Zeke this year. No one was comparing Mayfield to Brees.

no, I didn't. I said I thought Mayfield deserved it MORE. That doesn't mean BArkley was undeserving. Do you think there is only 1 player deserving of an award every year? Thats crazy.

"rookie passing records are nowhere near as impressive as rushing ones" is an insane take.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
no, I didn't. I said I thought Mayfield deserved it MORE. That doesn't mean BArkley was undeserving. Do you think there is only 1 player deserving of an award every year? Thats crazy.

"rookie passing records are nowhere near as impressive as rushing ones" is an insane take.
Correct. You (wrongly) stated another player should have won the award. Not "it was a coin toss" or "eh, I can see the case for X". But straight up said Mayfield SHOULD have won. That would make Barkley undeserving.

Perhaps you don't actually feel that way, but that's not what you wrote.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Correct. You (wrongly) stated another player should have won the award. Not "it was a coin toss" or "eh, I can see the case for X". But straight up said Mayfield SHOULD have won. That would make Barkley undeserving.

Perhaps you don't actually feel that way, but that's not what you wrote.

Saying I thought a different player should have won the award doesn't mean he was the ONLY one who deserved the award. Of course Barkley deserved consideration.

Please don't put words in my mouth. Thank you.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
And ok smart guy, let's have a look at every current and recent 1st ballot HoF qb's rookie seasons.
Brady - did not start

Rodgers - did not start

Eli - started 7 games

Peyton - started 16 and put up career lows in completion % and yards passing and highs in int's and sacks.

Brees - did not start

Ben - started 13 games with a career low in td's, and the 2nd lowest amount of yards surpassed by the following year in which he started fewer games.

Favre - did not start

Would you like me to go back to the early 90's? Because your argument won't get prettier.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I don't know. This was bad but some of the blowouts were worse from a spectators point of view imo.

Seahawks-Broncos and Dallas-Buffalo come to mind.

This was way tougher to watch than those games. Blowouts at least have entertaining plays. This was 5-7 yard passes sprinkled in with 3 twenty hrs runs and a bunch of punts. Hell the Rams first 8 possessions (I think it was 8) were all punts and the longest of those 8 was only 5 plays.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
This was way tougher to watch than those games. Blowouts at least have entertaining plays. This was 5-7 yard passes sprinkled in with 3 twenty hrs runs and a bunch of punts. Hell the Rams first 8 possessions (I think it was 8) were all punts and the longest of those 8 was only 5 plays.
Leon Lett was entertaining I suppose.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
STEVE YOUNG: Jared Goff wasn't present tonight.

Ouch.
He did have a deer in the headlights look all night. He was awful. Although, he did start to get it going in the 4th quarter. The bad holding call on the Gurley run when they had momentum and what should've been a TD by Cooks before the INT were difference makers. As bad as Goff was he could've pulled off a win.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The bad holding call on the Gurley run when they had momentum and what should've been a TD by Cooks before the INT were difference makers.

That's your Superbowl right there. Right through the wickets.

He catches that ball as he should and we likely have the 2nd OT Superbowl, and in just three years.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I actually saw Maroon 5 before they were famous. It was 2004 and they were opening for John Mayer.

How I walked out of that concert retaining my ***** I'll never know. Yikes.

EDIT: And I'm wondering if the lead singer of Maroon 5 is sick, or if he can no longer hit all his high notes, because he's way off-key to the songs.

Their 2002 album Songs About Jane made #1 in 5 countries, #1 Billboard Heatseekers, #6 overall for Billboard and top 10 in 20 countries. This Love made #1 in 4 countries (top 5 in 18 countries including Billboard), with She Will Be Loved achieving similar results. They were pretty big when you saw them. :laugh:

(Big, but not good)

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
That's your Superbowl right there. Right through the wickets.

He catches that ball as he should and we likely have the 2nd OT Superbowl, and in just three years.
No, your Super Bowl was the bad holding call on the Gurley run. It would've been 1st and 10 from about midfield. That call changed the entire game. It was 3-3 and the Rams had momentum.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Their 2002 album Songs About Jane made #1 in 5 countries, #1 Billboard Heatseekers, #6 overall for Billboard and top 10 in 20 countries. This Love made #1 in 4 countries (top 5 in 18 countries including Billboard), with She Will Be Loved achieving similar results. They were pretty big when you saw them. :laugh:

You're confusing an album's release with when songs actually became released and charting. That "2002 album" didn't chart high on billboard until 2004.

This Love was a 2004 release, not a 2002 release.

This Love (Maroon 5 song) - Wikipedia

She Will Be Loved was a 2004 release, not a 2002 release.

She Will Be Loved - Wikipedia

Nobody was there to see Maroon 5, everyone was there to see John Mayer. Except me, who was "there" to see neither of them, and was begrudgingly dragged by the girlfriend.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
No, your Super Bowl was the bad holding call on the Gurley run. It would've been 1st and 10 from about midfield. That call changed the entire game. It was 3-3 and the Rams had momentum.

I have a pretty hard time seeing it that way when the Rams scored 3 points all night. Given virtually every drive ended in a punt, I just dont get why you think that drive doesnt end in a punt as well, bad holding call or not.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I have a pretty hard time seeing it that way when the Rams scored 3 points all night. Given virtually every drive ended in a punt, I just dont get why you think that drive doesnt end in a punt as well, bad holding call or not.
It could have ended in a pick 6 the next play, but we'll never know. The Rams finally had something going and a bad call ended it.

Still with that said, Goff was trash tonight. But Brady wasn't much better. I think he hits the wall next season. He's starting to show some signs of decline.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
You're confusing an album's release with when songs actually became released and charting. That "2002 album" didn't chart high on billboard until 2004.

This Love was a 2004 release, not a 2002 release.

This Love (Maroon 5 song) - Wikipedia

She Will Be Loved was a 2004 release, not a 2002 release.

She Will Be Loved - Wikipedia

Nobody was there to see Maroon 5, everyone was there to see John Mayer. Except me, who was "there" to see neither of them, and was begrudgingly dragged by the girlfriend.

You're right. Really early 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->