OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
The NFL lost me a looong time ago, I just can't stand it on every level. The games are unwatchable with all the stoppages and commercials. 11:30 of actual playing time, so exciting! 45 minutes of commercials, 45 minutes of replays, a half hour of watching dudes walk back to the huddle, 5 dopes analyzing the game ad nauseam, ugh it's just f***ing ponderous. Throw in the average troglodyte, brain dead, meat head fan base and the mile long player rap sheet and I'm out. I had no idea who's in the Superbowl until the other day, pulling for another Brady win just to piss everyone off lol, kinda enjoying all the chaos with all the botched officiating too.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I heard 2 interesting sports gambling facts on FoxBusiness today:

1) 50% of SuperBowl bets are now prop bets rather than the line and the OVER/UNDER

2) Many people are driving, taking buses, riding bikes over bridges, from New York City just to the edge of NJ to place bets on smartphones, as the GPS on the apps (like FanDuel) wont let you place the bet if it knows you're not in NJ.

Camille the Eel

Re New England against the Rams - if Aaron Darnold is as unblockable and disruptive as Belicheck suggested in some of his interviews this week, I wonder if the Pats won't go empty backfield a good deal, spread everyone out, put Brady in the shotgun and try to pick the Rams zone apart with very quick throws.

Over the years they've had great success against Zone defenses. The closest analogy is them against Pittsburgh where they've taken just that approach (their last AFC championship game against the Steelers two years back exactly).

The difference between the Rams having Darnold at tackle and what the Giants were able to do against the Pats in the Justin Tuck, et al. era, is that the Giants not only got pressure up the middle, but jammed the receivers and played hard man coverage. All the inside pressure in the world may not do the Rams any good without man coverage. Can you see Wade Phillips going man-on-man? I doubt it.

The Pats have run the ball so well late in the year that's it's hard to believe they will abandon that in the Super Bowl. But this match up makes it more of a possibility. They may throw the ball 40 times or more tomorrow from the shotgun. That's the chess match that makes me most interested in this game.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
if the Rams play zone all day they are going to get torched

you cannot let Brady pick apart the zone

True, but Brady's also going to quickly identify and pick apart the weakest link member of the secondary in a man coverage. This is why he's Tom Brady.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So Hyundai is already being savagely attacked on social media for making fun of Vegan dining.

Things like this make me want to volunteer for Elon Musk's rocket-ship.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
We have another 1/2 of commercials, but I already predict that Turbotax robo-baby spot will be called the worst commercial of the Superbowl.

It was stupid, weird, creepy, and worst of all, uncomfortable.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
We have another 1/2 of commercials, but I already predict that Turbotax robo-baby spot will be called the worst commercial of the Superbowl.

It was stupid, weird, creepy, and worst of all, uncomfortable.

Bud Light Knight having his eyes gorged out is my favorite commercial of the 1st half not just because it incorporated Game of Thrones but also because Bud Light is frigging disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad