OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Still dont understand why if the refs are wrong, and you win the challenge, you still only get 1 for the entire game, and you're not OUT of challenges.

Shouldnt you get to challenge until you're wrong and the refs are correct?

What exactly is the intent of that rule, to not embarrass the refs too much in one game is the only thing I can figure.

Payton challenged a play earlier and lost

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Down 13-0 and getting DOMINATED at the half, but getting the ball back first.

Dont know what the live betting line is on "Saints Win", but my guess is the risk/reward makes this a favorable bet now to put a few bucks on New Orleans.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Prescott cant throw the ball down field, all he does is lob screen passes or 5-7 yard forward passes.

In fact, he throws so many screen passes that I'm surprised more corners dont try to jump the routes.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The refs have been beyond bad. They miss easy calls both ways. And this is the best crew NFL has? Pathetic

The blatant helmet hit on the Saints' receiver at mid-field totally changed the complexion of the game & was by far the biggest "ref fail" tonight.

If that call's made, the Saints likely win the game. They'd be 1st down on the Dallas 35, trailing by only 3 points and they had all the 2nd Half momentum until that point, which was the first drive Dallas stopped.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The blatant helmet hit on the Saints' receiver at mid-field totally changed the complexion of the game & was by far the biggest "ref fail" tonight.

If that call's made, the Saints likely win the game. They'd be 1st down on the Dallas 35, trailing by only 3 points and they had all the 2nd Half momentum until that point, which was the first drive Dallas stopped.

Shame the refs had such a big hand in the outcome

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Shame the refs had such a big hand in the outcome
I was a Cowboys fan last night, but IMO the non call on the Saints - the push off on the TD - was just as big of a call. Was Randy Gregory offside? That was just a poorly officiated game. Missed calls both ways. 55 and 54 are amazing pair. Unbelievable what 54 accomplished coming off that knee injury.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
One of the few times an NFL team actually makes a decision based on morality instead of talent

Guess the Redskins will claim him too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
go look up what Tyreek Hill did in college and then get back to me about the Chiefs having morality

I didn't say the Chiefs were perfect, but certainly in this case they put doing the right thing above winning which is atypical in the NFL (see Greg Hardy, that defensive end for the Rams a few years back who actually killed someone and got a job, etc). The Chiefs could have been a Super Bowl team this year and they cut one of their three best players, I don't think you understand how atypical this is. This isn't the losing Niners cutting an underachieving linebacker with multiple transgressions or the Ravens cutting an over the hill Ray Rice.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
KC was a lock to make the SB with Hunt, now they are vulnerable.

Only two intriguing games today:

Minny at NE
Chargers at Pitts

The 1pm games are putrid, I was offered free tickets to the Giants game by 3 different people, obviously declined.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
OBJ aligator arming what turned out to be a crucial onside kick...not pretty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad