OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I've never been more convinced of an NFL coach tanking a game.

I'm a Giants fan. I fully expected the Giants to lose this game heading in. When they were up 19 to 3, I still expected them to lose. THAT SAID, how they lost is mindboggling. How the f*** do you give Barkley a couple touches the entire 2nd half when he WAS THE OFFENSE the entire 1st half?

Do I really think Shurmur threw the game? Nah, he's just an incompetent imbecile.

Sure, Eli is trash at this point, but that doesn't mean you can get a pass for shit coaching.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I've never been more convinced of an NFL coach tanking a game.

I'm a Giants fan. I fully expected the Giants to lose this game heading in. When they were up 19 to 3, I still expected them to lose. THAT SAID, how they lost is mindboggling. How the **** do you give Barkley a couple touches the entire 2nd half when he WAS THE OFFENSE the entire 1st half?

Do I really think Shurmur threw the game? Nah, he's just an incompetent imbecile.

Sure, Eli is trash at this point, but that doesn't mean you can get a pass for **** coaching.

This is a very conflicted post. Coming from s Giants fan, I completely understand it his season.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The Eagles were without all 4 of their cornerbacks, their top safety, and a starting linebacker, and yet still won.

That shouldn't happen in the NFL, but it keeps the Eagles season alive.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Oh, and Beckham Jr. was a total dou*****g in defeat, attacking his own team as usual.

“Knowing they were struggling with injuries in the secondary, personally I would’ve loved to attack them. But that wasn’t in our game plan,” Beckham said.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Oh, and Beckham Jr. was a total dou*****g in defeat, attacking his own team as usual.

“Knowing they were struggling with injuries in the secondary, personally I would’ve loved to attack them. But that wasn’t in our game plan,” Beckham said.

If they kept giving Barkley touches the Giants would have won

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

What makes this hilarious is the Giants dropped back on 39 pass plays and had 18 running plays, in a game they led most of the way. They called pass plays 70% of the time :laugh:

Reactions: BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
What makes this hilarious is the Giants dropped back on 39 pass plays and had 18 running plays, in a game they led most of the way. They called pass plays 70% of the time :laugh:

Given 3 of the 4 Eagles corners werent on the roster a month ago, and only 1 of them had ever started an NFL game, the Giants probably should have called 90% pass plays!

My opinion isnt that Beckham is necessarily wrong, just that he's (as usual) a total a-hole to actually talk about it to the media. Always the first guy to b*tch about his coaching staff or his teammates.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Giants need a new coach too. They really shouldn't give Shurmur another year with how terrible he is. Doesn't matter how good one running back is when so much more is wrong with the team. They need a revamped offensive line and a totally rebuilt defense as well as a quarterback of the future that can take the reigns in 2020. Eli hasn't been bad considering the circumstances. But next year he'll be 38 and when a QB is this old you can really only just go year to year and hope for the best.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Like I said, yes, they were lucky that Cleveland made an awful decision to pass on Barkley.

Cleveland isn't trading Mayfield for a running back if offered right now. They're thrilled with Mayfield. Nobody is regretting it in that franchise

Neither team is good but I think I'd prefer 4-6-1 over 3-8 right now

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Like I said, yes, they were lucky that Cleveland made an awful decision to pass on Barkley.

Disagree.

The Giants would be far better off with a young, stud QB, than a young, stud RB. At this point, if the Giants win a few more games this season their future could be SCREWED.

There are 12 teams this year with 2 to 4 wins right now. Not gonna be so easy to finish poor enough to land a top 3 pick and a franchise QB this season.

Bad-football.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad