OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Just went in big (for me, I usually bet tiny little sums) on the UNDER for Patriots versus Chiefs.

I expect this line to drop from the 56 points it stands at now.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
While the PHI and NO game was relatively easy for me to evaluate I’m struggling with NO and LA even though the teams also met earlier this year. I think VEgas is also not sure setting the line at a standard spread of the home team getting three.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
his press conferences are always weird, but you can tell he has some type of social anxiety because he hates all the focus being on him

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Adam Gase, ladies and Gentlemen. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think Eddie Lack had something to do with this :

Is THIS what you had to deal with for 3 seasons, @Zajacs Bowl Cut ? :laugh:

his press conferences are always weird, but you can tell he has some type of social anxiety because he hates all the focus being on him

That clip doesn’t show social anxiety issues. That clip shows pure insanity.

Reactions: glenwo2

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Now despite having created this:

2r56js.jpg

I'm doing my best to be optimistic. :laugh: Evidently in his conversation on the Michael Kay Show, he came across much calmer and more collected. It sounds like he doesn't like to have that much focus on him. Can't say that'll mesh well in New York necessarily, but it'll be interesting to see what happens. Between him and Gregg Williams, we certainly won't have players slacking off or any lack of emotion on the sidelines the way the Todd Bowles era went.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Throwing a few shekels on the following this wknd:

Chiefs -5.5 - Colts defense is good, but has feasted on some mediocre QB play in their run. Chiefs outplay a dome-team in the cold/snow and win 38-27.

Cowboys +7 - Cowboys might actually be the better team on paper and this will not be a true road game for them. Zeke gets 130+ on the ground. Field goal game either way.

Pats -4 - Worst Pats team in years but give me the BB duo off a bye vs a Chargers team that has played some physical games down the stretch. Pats win 27-20.

Eagles +8 - I hate the Eagles and hope they get romped, but I think they have as much talent (if not more) man-for-man as the Saints do and Foles has a golden horseshoe up his ass.

3-1 last week. Did not see that CJ Anderson performance coming, damnit.

Early leans this week...Rams +3.5 and Chiefs -3. Both teams have the rematch advantage in these games. I don't see how Pats keep a lid on both Hill and Kelce while I can see how the Chiefs can slow down the Pats offense just enough. I'm a little iffy on the Rams pick still because of the Sains run D. Will probably officially put my bets in on Friday. Where does eveyrone stand on these games?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Early leans this week...Rams +3.5 and Chiefs -3. .... Where does eveyrone stand on these games?

I'd take the Under in both, and Chiefs -3 and Rams +3.5.

Like you, however, the Rams dont inspire confidence, but I was not impressed with the Saints given all the Eagles injuries, etc...

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
3-1 last week. Did not see that CJ Anderson performance coming, damnit.

Early leans this week...Rams +3.5 and Chiefs -3. Both teams have the rematch advantage in these games. I don't see how Pats keep a lid on both Hill and Kelce while I can see how the Chiefs can slow down the Pats offense just enough. I'm a little iffy on the Rams pick still because of the Sains run D. Will probably officially put my bets in on Friday. Where does eveyrone stand on these games?

Like last week, my first thought on the LA and NO game is to watch the injury reports from the NO practices. If the NO o-line is a full go they probably have a bit of an advantage in the game. You won't know for sure until Friday.

Also, from what I am reading about how LA gets its plays into the game, it might be tricky for Goff to make calls at the line. The Dome was humming at up to 125 decibels last week. It clearly impacted a number of plays for Foles. I'd expect a similar noise level this week. Goff hasn't played in that sort of environment yet. You can't really compare even the regular season Superdome to the playoff atmosphere.

NO lost a DT last game but the run defense probably doesn't drop off that much since the backup is a solid run stop guy, even if the pass rush takes a hit.

Finally, NO got much better as the game went along last Sunday and after needing the first quarter to shake off the rust, they shut out PHI, and only allowed a small number of rushing yards. They held Foles to only about 200 total yards in the game. Brees probably threw for about 250-275 yards in the last three quarters and they scored 20 unanswered points in three quarters leaving a missed field goal along the way and not trying to score points with their last possession. That said, LA is a very good team and NO will need every bit of their home field advantage to win.

I'd wait until Friday and complete injury reports and complete analysis from the talking heads before betting this one. If you take the Rams, you aren't taking the points. You are betting on them to win the game essentially.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
saw an interesting stat today:
in each of the 10 coldest games in NFL history, neither team has scored 30 points

the over/under for the Pats/Chiefs game is 56. Thinking of betting the under pretty hard

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Best 4 teams are playing this weekend

I'm looking forward to the games.

I'm pulling for the Saints but have no issue with the Rams.

Would like to see a NO vs KC SB

Cannot count out Brady

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Hoping to keep the playoff momentum going:

Rams +3 - Rams defense is a different animal with Talib vs. without him. Saints offense isn't what it was back when these teams first met. Rams eek one out in the Superdome.

Chiefs -3 - Home/road splits for these two on both sides of the ball are staggering. New England won't have enough playmakers on offense to make the difference up.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Have a feeling the KC/NE game is just going to be a bombfest to Tyreek. I'm thinking like 150+ yards and multiple TDs. Don't think TB has enough weapons to keep up; Gronk isn't what he used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad