OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
There are also years when 10-6 teams miss the playoffs, but yeah, adding a few more teams would be "ridiculous". I fail to see the horror that would ensue.

IMO the only reason this hasnt already happened is likely due to TV.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
There are also years when 10-6 teams miss the playoffs, but yeah, adding a few more teams would be "ridiculous". I fail to see the horror that would ensue.

IMO the only reason this hasnt already happened is likely due to TV.

pretty sure a 10-6 team has missed the playoffs like 2 or 3 times in history

why should we totally change the playoff format because of an anomaly? That makes no sense.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Foles dropped that on a dime!

Eagles having a lead is big. My biggest fear was the Saints being up 14 - 0 after like 8 minutes.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ok this **** is rigged.

NFL to Saints " I want you to throw a completely pointless opening play pick, then on defense literally just stop covering the guy so it's an easy touchdown."

I can only hope this is to setup a rematch with the Pats and they rig it so Brady lights up this eagles team as "Redemption".

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Whelp, you can already tell the Saints strategy is to throw deep bomb after deep bomb against this decimated Eagles secondary. Just as I predicted.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This couldn't have been a more stupid start to the game for NO. This is why the Pats are so damn good. Don't outcoach yourself, take what is given. They basically handed the game away already. 14-0 is inevitable.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Okay, I can already tell the Saints have decided to "take Ertz" away, which is not a bad strategy, but it's really opening-up the Eagles less-talented receivers for Foles.

Foles has 7 completions, but to 6 different receivers.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Saints #2 NFL Run defense, and Pederson is running the ball 50% of plays. I like the no fear play calling.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I’ve never made a bet before. I came so close to betting a good amount of money on the Saints today....

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This is the worst of all of the games so far. This might end something like 50-10 philly.

WTF is going on with the saints

I'm sorry, but this was pretty easy to see coming. Eagles had all the momentum and luck coming into this game. They had all the motivation coming into the game. The saints, when bad, are arguably the worst team in the league (see the loss to the cowboys). Drake was seen with the saints running back. The eagles have arguably the best QB in the league (getting incredibly lucky again there), and the NFL likely wants to setup a rematch with Brady to give him a chance at redemption. Absolutely no surprise.

Also, if you want and NHL analog, the Saints are the Lightning.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
thats exactly what it sounds like my Dolphins will be doing from reports from the past few days

Build up the OL and DL and maybe even trade back to acquire a 2020 pick to have more ammo to get your QB

I was reading that earlier! For the long term, I think it can make sense for both teams. I follow the Giants situation much closer than the Dolphins but I like the idea of going after the better QB class if that’s the team need.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
NO o-line playing like they don’t want to get hurt. Brees has happy feet which isn’t a good look for him. For those wondering the receiver was open on the first throw by Brees but Brees couldn’t throw the ball deep. Not sure why the NO defense is playing like they don’t have a clue

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
This is the worst of all of the games so far. This might end something like 50-10 philly.

I'm sorry, but this was pretty easy to see coming. Eagles had all the momentum and luck coming into this game. They had all the motivation coming into the game. The saints, when bad, are arguably the worst team in the league (see the loss to the cowboys). Drake was seen with the saints running back. The eagles have arguably the best QB in the league (getting incredibly lucky again there), and the NFL likely wants to setup a rematch with Brady to give him a chance at redemption. Absolutely no surprise.

Also, if you want and NHL analog, the Saints are the Lightning.

This screams of a game where the Saints will come charging back. Phillys secondary can’t hold the Saints all game.

Pre edit: Saints INT

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Eagles are done.

This team could have walked into the SuperBowl this year if they had an injury free season like the Cowboys or Saints, but it's not meant to be.

This is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad