OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Pats -4

Went 1-1 yesterday - definitely didn't see the CJ Anderson show coming! Dak looked rough for most of the game too - hope Dallas gives him a huge extension.

He's pretty bad. As I've said a million times before, until Jerry Jones is gone, the team will be mired in mediocrity at best.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This Pats / Chargers game is starting to look like the No Defense Bowl.

The Chargers cant stop New England's offense, and the Chargers receivers look like they can beat the Pats secondary deep whenever they desire.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The Chargers are playing a preseason defense.

No A gap blitzing. Not chucking Edelman at the line. No press coverage.

I mean, WTF?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Pats -4

Went 1-1 yesterday - definitely didn't see the CJ Anderson show coming! Dak looked rough for most of the game too - hope Dallas gives him a huge extension.
The Rams stopping the run was the reason the game wasnt much closer or tied, Prescott did not play that badly..

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The NFL needs to get rid of the first round bye. It's way too much of an advantage. Home games is your advantage and a week off on top of that is just unfair. These games have sucked this weekend.

Disagree. There should be some major advantage for the teams that finish with the best records in the conference. It's not the Patriots fault that the other teams in their division are dysfunctional

The Chargers are playing flag football.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Disagree. There should be some major advantage for the teams that finish with the best records in the conference. It's not the Patriots fault that the other teams in their division are dysfunctional

My problem with it has always been you win one home game and you're in championship game. It makes it so much easier.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The worst thing the NFL can do is expand the playoffs. The wild card games are usually bad enough. Having a 7th and 8th seed sets up matchups that could allow @Devils Dominion to clean up as a gambler and retire young

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
You wouldn't have to expand the playoffs. If you got rid of the first round bye and same 6 teams get in and 1 plays 6, 2 plays 5, 3 plays 4. You're adding two extra playoff games.

Just looked it up and first round byes started in 2002.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
You wouldn't have to expand the playoffs. If you got rid of the first round bye and same 6 teams get in and 1 plays 6, 2 plays 5, 3 plays 4. You're adding two extra playoff games.

Just looked it up and first round byes started in 2002.

So how do decide which of the three winners go to the Super Bowl

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Chargers are playing a preseason defense.

No A gap blitzing. Not chucking Edelman at the line. No press coverage.

I mean, WTF?

I could see this coming when Lamar Jackson sliced through them in the two minute drill. I knew BB would see that and destroy them with tempo.

Plus the division games are only 37.5% of the schedule anyway.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Must be horrible knowing your season is over, and you still have to come out an play an entire half of football.

Imagine what it feels like at the beginning of the season knowing you still have to play an entire season...

That’s going to be 2 bad games today.

I really don't think the eagles are going to get blown out. In fact, they may win and by more than people are thinking is possible. They have a more recent superbowl winning QB, a crap ton of momentum, and more luck riding behind them than seems possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->