NFL GDT: 2018 NFC Wild Card Round: (3) Chicago Bears vs (6) Philadelphia Eagles

bear down

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I'm an Eagles fan and so happy he missed.

HOWEVER...

Parkey had a mediocre season, but he's got one of the highest FG%'s of all-time. I highly doubt he won't find a job somewhere.

21st higher FG% of all-time... but not a good kicker? He had a mediocre season. He's a good kicker.

No.

You don't get many other chances if you miss a total of 10 kicks in one season. Another thing that hurts him is his limited range.

Reactions: MikeCubs

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You don't get many other chances if you miss a total of 10 kicks in one season. Another thing that hurts him is his limited range.
Hes a fantastic 50+ kicker. No idea why he struggles 40-49.

I still think he'll find a job. Definitely not with Chicago, but I'm not sure he would have been back even if he made that kick.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
It would have been worse against Lane. Is this a credit to Peters or simply a fact of Mack not showing up

He has a legitimate argument, to me, for being DPOY over Aaron Donald. Not that I would vote for him but he made that much of a difference for Chicago compared to last season without him.

He should receive a little flack but I wouldn't go overboard. They still nearly won without him showing up in only his second playoff game.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I.... just don't get the Eagles.

If it's really as simple as Nick Foles, they may have to keep him ala Frank Reich back in the day with Buffalo.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Dallas can beat the Rams. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Especially since that won't be a real road game for them.
They could, but highly unlikely. I don't think the Cowboys will be able to score 30 points, which is probably what they will need.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I guess defense doesn't matter in the NFL if the #1 ranked defense can't stop a career backup

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Bears beat Seahawks and Rams

Both playoff teams
I forgot about the Rams. I didn't consider the Seahawks win notable because they were trash at the time. It would be like beating the Colts at the start of the season. The Rams win though was definitely notable and impressive. The fact is though the Bears had the 2nd easiest schedule in all of football and were not as good as their record showed as they got a ton of inconsistent play from their offence.

Reactions: Cody Webster

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Geez. Hit the post and I still thought it went through until I unbelievably saw the umps say no. Didn't realize it hit the crossbar too and bounce out.

Well........thank you Bears for last week and this week. LOL
I could hear it hit the crossbar but you could’ve see which way it went.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad