NFL GDT: 2018 NFC Wild Card Round: (3) Chicago Bears vs (6) Philadelphia Eagles

bear down

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Geez. Hit the post and I still thought it went through until I unbelievably saw the umps say no. Didn't realize it hit the crossbar too and bounce out.

Well........thank you Bears for last week and this week. LOL

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Eagles return to the place where their season almost died basically.

This is too ****ing storybook at this point. They're going to find a way to fall ass first into another win and go to assumingly Los Angeles for the NFC title game.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Geez. Hit the post and I still thought it went through until I unbelievably saw the umps say no. Didn't realize it hit the crossbar too and bounce out.

Well........thank you Bears for last week and this week. LOL

Always look at the fans towards the side on that and you’ll know if it went through. The fans behind the end zone usually can’t tell

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
It didn’t I don’t think. He basically did a practice kick on the first. You could see him let up and the whole line pull back. He 100% heard the time out. I Don’t think he kicked that thinking it was counting

You can just see it in his set up. He looked way more relaxed knowing he was going to get iced. 2nd kick he was way more stiff and anxious, you can see it on his step outs.

MikeCubs

May 30, 2018
The Bears deserved to lose for letting go of Robbie Gould. Just a horrifically terrible decision to release him. Parkey should be released immediately when he gets back to the locker room.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The Bears deserved to lose for letting go of Robbie Gould. Just a horrifically terrible decision to release him. Parkey should be released immediately when he gets back to the locker room.

Not only that how they handled it

Releasing the team captain on eve of season

Ryan Pace created a problem that didn't exist 3 years ago and its been open sour ever since then

Reactions: MikeCubs

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Marvin Lewis, Wayne Fontes, Jason Garrett are Rasputin coaches.

Nick Foles is the player equivalent of Rasputin.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Freezing the kicker actually worked?

That crossbar bounce though... Wow was that unlucky

Yeah I hate it when **** like this happens cause it justifies those stupid freezing the kicker timeouts that just as often backfire and give the kicker a practice try. Parkey almost tried too hard to get one since they called the timeout seconds before the snap.

But yeah I've never seen a double bounce like that.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
LOOOOL

Kiss your career goodbye, Parkey.
I'm an Eagles fan and so happy he missed.

HOWEVER...

Parkey had a mediocre season, but he's got one of the highest FG%'s of all-time. I highly doubt he won't find a job somewhere.

I feel bad for Parkey for some of the hate about to come his way. He's not a good kicker, but some people are going to take it way too far
21st higher FG% of all-time... but not a good kicker? He had a mediocre season. He's a good kicker.

Poor Parkey.

Terrible kicker, but damn, my condolences to him.
No.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The Bears are who we thought they were. Keep pumping those tires guys!

Ask any Chicago fan and they'll tell you that their K was their weakness all season long. More than anyone else. Not a complete gaff like Minnesota did a few years ago against Seattle but that should have been hit.

MikeCubs

May 30, 2018
Not only that how they handled it

Releasing the team captain on eve of season

Ryan Pace created a problem that didn't exist 3 years ago and its been open sour ever since then

Robbie Gould had such ice water in his veins he would have made that kick 100 out of 100 times. I think he's a free agent this spring. He should be the Bears number 1 priority.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The NFC Playoffs IMHO just got a lot less fun without the Bears and with a flawed Eagles team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad