NBA 2018 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
"Maybe if he didn't have such a terrible personality" yet from most accounts, usually reporters that speak to him privately, he's got a fantastic attitude and is quite outgoing. He just doesn't feel the need to publicly showcase his personality all the time like most other stars, and that's perfectly fine.
Yup. Ramona Shelburne said this on the Lowe Post .She was talking to him once while injured before Spurs PR came and rushed him away, ending the interview.

But ya he needs to talk more...

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Reactions: Voight

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
The whole team calling him out is/was blown way out of proportion, too.

1. Most of the "comments" came after Kawhi completely ghosted the team and stopped showing up to games. People will obviously be frustrated if there is no contact whatsoever...

2. Parker's comments supposedly making Kawhi upset is such BS... they were 100% taken out of context (watch the video). Maybe shouldn't have said anything because people will twist whatever they can to fit their narrative, but he was just rambling and clearly wasn't trying to take "shots" at Kawhi...

Seems like Kawhi is just using that situation as a scapegoat to leave..

Reactions: Taylor Hall

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I guess all that talk of Kawhi being just like Duncan (quiet, content, doesn't want the spotlight) and the perfect successor was either all smoke and mirrors or his uncle is going full LaVar/Lindros.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
KL wants out and there's nothing wrong with that but trying to spin things by making the Spurs organisation look like chumps gives us a clear picture of the type of person he really is.

This "breakup" looks like the greedy wife who wants out and doesn't acknowledge all the good things her husband did for her for the past "x" number of years and is now dragging his name in mud, to deflect any type of blame her way.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
KL wants out and there's nothing wrong with that but trying to spin things by making the Spurs organisation look like chumps gives us a clear picture of the type of person he really is.

This "breakup" looks like the greedy wife who wants out and doesn't acknowledge all the good things her husband did for her for the past "x" number of years and is now dragging his name in mud, to deflect any type of blame her way.

Nobody believes these stories about Spurs. Anyone who's watched basketball for the last 10-20 years knows what that organization and Pop are about.

This all reminds me of when Duncan was a hair away from signing in Orlando 18 years ago. Similar situation - won his first championship/was MVP, established as a top 10 player, heart & soul of the team etc. Different his he stayed, won 4 more championships, two MVPs and a cost of other accolades.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Just because Kawhi Leonard isn't Tim Duncan doesn't mean blame doesn't also fall on the Spurs. For months it was touted publicly how he's medically cleared to play, and yes, the Spurs were taking shots at him through the media. They may have been thinly veiled, but they were shots. "You have to ask Kawhi's team" "My injury was way worse" etc. Then privately admonishing him in a team meeting with everyone around.

Nobody is perfect. No organization is perfect. Blame lays with Kawhi, but blame also sure as hell lays with the Spurs. Maybe if they had handled his injury properly from the get go, things never would have gotten to this point.

Reactions: Virtanen18 and cgf

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
The darndest thing about Melo is how almost everyone (myself included) got suckered into thinking how they'll be a threat with him and George. I must have been out of my mind thinking they'd make it work, given what we all knew about Russell "Don't touch that rebound" Westbrook and Melo.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Just because Kawhi Leonard isn't Tim Duncan doesn't mean blame doesn't also fall on the Spurs. For months it was touted publicly how he's medically cleared to play, and yes, the Spurs were taking shots at him through the media. They may have been thinly veiled, but they were shots. "You have to ask Kawhi's team" "My injury was way worse" etc. Then privately admonishing him in a team meeting with everyone around.

Nobody is perfect. No organization is perfect. Blame lays with Kawhi, but blame also sure as hell lays with the Spurs. Maybe if they had handled his injury properly from the get go, things never would have gotten to this point.

The guy got payd 20M$ for 9 games, was cleared to play but decided otherwise and didn't even bother to join the team when he's supposed to be THE guy.

I don't care what anyone says... KL screwed himself in all of this and he might not even get his wish if the Spurs decide to trade him somewhere other than the Lakers and they do go after LBJ and PG this summer. The Lakers won't have enough room if he wants to join them as a UFA in 2019.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Pop was in the right when he said to ask Kawhi's team.... his entourage was the one pushing for him to get his own doctors and go recover in NYC. I understand that at the end of the day its his choice but his lack of communication w/ the team is what did him in. He could of at least had his doctors talk with the Spurs doctors and have them work together.

I think its kinda dumb to blame the Spurs for not handling it properly. Their doctors cleared him more than a few times and I doubt they'd misdiagnose or rush back their franchise player. But whatever, Leonards uncle clearly has other ideas for him. This was just an excuse to explore a trade to a big market.

Reactions: LaVar

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
And the fact that he, or his crew, publicly came out and said that he's looking to join the Lakers and no other team is another reason why I don't think the organization is at fault here.

If San Antonio really is the issue, why ask a trade to one specific team? He wants to go back home and they (he and his reps) are trying to make the Spurs look like bad guys, so they can say "we did our part and it's all on them".

GTFO here with that nonsense.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
"Was cleared to play" yet the guy was still so clearly injured, so what does that say about the organization's doctors? And don't tell me they're not trying to rush their franchise player back. The team literally had a private meeting ripping into him asking him why he isn't back to playing and why it's taking him so long.

Like I said, the blame lays with Kawhi but it also lays with the organization.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
"Was cleared to play" yet the guy was still so clearly injured, so what does that say about the organization's doctors? And don't tell me they're not trying to rush their franchise player back. The team literally had a private meeting ripping into him asking him why he isn't back to playing and why it's taking him so long.

Like I said, the blame lays with Kawhi but it also lays with the organization.

The team ripped him because he had a f***ing bruise, not a tear... a bruise. Man up and play "injured". If every player had to sit out until they got 100% healthy, half of the rosters around the league would be on IR.

If he's too soft to play with a bruise and acts like a little bitch when confronted by dedicated veterans like Tony Parker, he's not the player I thought he was and I have no problem moving him because that's not the sign of a true leader.

The Spurs medical staff said he was good to go and the organisation is paying the guy 20M$ for the 2017-18 season... I'd tell him to lace up his sneakers and get his ass on the court ASAP.

I just want to know how KL can dictate when he's able to return or not, leave his team hanging and not pass off as a full blown self centered idiot? Boo hoo... his feelings got hurt cause he got called out for acting like a p***y.

Man the f*** up guy!

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The team ripped him because he had a ****ing bruise, not a tear... a bruise. Man up and play "injured". If every player had to sit out until they got 100% healthy, half of the rosters around the league would be on IR.

If he's too soft to play with a bruise and acts like a little ***** when confronted by dedicated veterans like Tony Parker, he's not the player I thought he was and I have no problem moving him because that's not the sign of a true leader.

The Spurs medical staff said he was good to go and the organisation is paying the guy 20M$ for the 2017-18 season... I'd tell him to lace up his sneakers and get his ass on the court ASAP.

I just want to know how KL can dictate when he's able to return or not, leave his team hanging and not pass off as a full blown self centered idiot? Boo hoo... his feelings got hurt cause he got called out for acting like a *****.

Man the **** up guy!
Lol. Not even worth getting into with you.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Lol. Not even worth getting into with you.

That's a pretty ironic post... basically taking a page out of Kawhi Leonard's book! When it get's tough, I'll just take the easy way out... good stuff.

The Spurs have been a model franchise for the past 2 decades and now this chump decides to rip the organisation that made him the player he is today because he wants to go play in LA? He's handcuffing his team with his demands and he should get a free pass why exactly?

Even his own doctors told him he was fine after getting that second opinion and he still bitched out.

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
Even his own doctors told him he was fine after getting that second opinion and he still *****ed out.
This and the fact that he's telling teams he wont sign with them if they trade for him tell me he just wants to go to LA (be it for exposure or it being his hometown)....nothing wrong with that, but with the way hes gone about it, I have little respect left for him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That's a pretty ironic post... basically taking a page out of Kawhi Leonard's book! When it get's tough, I'll just take the easy way out... good stuff.

The Spurs have been a model franchise for the past 2 decades and now this chump decides to rip the organisation that made him the player he is today because he wants to go play in LA? He's handcuffing his team with his demands and he should get a free pass why exactly?

Even his own doctors told him he was fine after getting that second opinion and he still *****ed out.
Sources: Leonard still not cleared by his doctors, advised to stay in New York

But please, continue to spew your nonsense if it makes you feel better.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Sources: Leonard still not cleared by his doctors, advised to stay in New York

But please, continue to spew your nonsense if it makes you feel better.

He went back a 2nd time and was cleared but whatever you say. BTW how convenient for him that his doctors, who aren't investing 20M$ on KL, would have an opinion that would favour him.

It's as if you think the Spurs would be dumb enough to possibly cause more damage to their franchise player and for what exactly? They still made the playoffs without him, so it's not as if they were a bottom feeding team without him and needed him to return asap.

If you want to stand by someone who drops at the first sign of adversity, then by all means, root for Leonard. He let his entire team down, the organization that believed in him as of day #1, a coach that was able to turn him into a elite player and most importantly, the fans.

This primadonna attitude he's been displaying for the past several months isn't what the Spurs are all about and I'll go with their track record over some idiot who's forcing his way out because he wants to play in LA when he's still under contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad