2018 MLB Regular Season Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
A's are soon going to be just 3 games behind Seattle for the 2nd wc spot. They've made up 5 games in the last 11, and also play Seattle 10 more times.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Toronto sports media strikes again. :laugh:

https://www.tsn.ca/stroman-denies-that-he-snapped-postgame-1.1139794

According to Steve Buffery of The Toronto Sun, Stroman yelled at a reporter and used profanity after being asked a question that the pitcher said was "irrelevant". Buffery says Stroman told the reporter that the Blue Jays are "------ terrible".

Some beat writer asked him about minor ball after another loss, and I guess Stroman didn't appreciate the question.

Media asked me a question that absolutely nothing to do with the game, team, or my performance. We just lost and it's extremely frustrating. I'm not playing well. Neither are we as a team. After the camera shut off, I said word for word..."I'm terrible right now. We're terrible RIGHT NOW. It's frustrating and that question isn't relevant at all" to a member of the media. They chose to run the "we're terrible" part only. That's ridiculous.

Trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, from the looks of things. Dog days of summer indeed, gotta write about something I guess since the Jays are hot garbage.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
MLB making Hader go to training over something he wrote 7 years ago is crazy not to mention at age 16 or 17. Manfred is getting destroyed over this right now on sports radio not to mention people all over Twitter are pulling out stuff other players said years ago as well now. At this rate half the league will be in Trouble

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah it's pretty dumb but people go digging for these things all the time. :help:

Happens every draft day, too. Ever see the ones where a prospect says years ago that he hates a specific team, only for that team to end up drafting him? :laugh:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
sending him to sensitivity training is stupid

just let him deal with the backlash that he's going to get for a while because of what he wrote

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah it's pretty dumb but people go digging for these things all the time. :help:

Happens every draft day, too. Ever see the ones where a prospect says years ago that he hates a specific team, only for that team to end up drafting him? :laugh:

I'm far from a SJW and I agree that social media digging is bad but Hader said some pretty terrible things. I wonder if a clubhouse can be 100% with him in it after learnign what he said. Whether or not is has anything to do with it, watch the Brewers collapse now in the 2nd half....

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm far from a SJW and I agree that social media digging is bad but Hader said some pretty terrible things. I wonder if a clubhouse can be 100% with him in it after learnign what he said. Whether or not is has anything to do with it, watch the Brewers collapse now in the 2nd half....

Well the Jays are about to welcome back Osuna with open arms, despite his alleged assault that happened mere months ago.

I would hope that some pro athletes can accept Hader's remorse over something he wrote when he was a teenager.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

If you think any clubhouse will have a problem with him now, I have to laugh. The only take from this is that Hader isn't exactly at genius level, but I'm sure every clubhouse has more than its fair share of people who share that characteristic.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
My biggest interest right now is the A’s, having one of their sneaky out of nowhere seasons. They’re pretty much the only team that can catch Seattle unless the Angels go on a big winning streak.

Oh and the entire NL is nuts, hope the Phillies keep it together but I worry about the Nats overtaking them and the Braves to win the division.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Nats getting Strasburg and Zimmerman back tomorrow

But now nats have to make a tough roster decision. They will have reynolds, adams and Zimmerman who all play first base. You really dont wanna lose reynolds so it might mean a guy like Micheal A Taylor being sent down

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
how is that even possible?

It truly is mindblowing. He basically just doesn't hit pop ups. He has an IFFB% (In-field Fly Ball), i.e Pop Up rate of 1.1% for his career. Basically, for every 100 balls he puts in play, only 1 is an infield fly.

League average is 10%. So he's an order magnitude better in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad