Not open for further replies.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
clownpound.jpg

Where does this come from?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Pretty sure it started for NFL GDTs here.

Basically, when the game is COMPLETELY out of each (like a 35 point lead in a football game or 14 run lead in a baseball game), it's so bad that it's a clown pounding.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
Pretty sure it started for NFL GDTs here.

Basically, when the game is COMPLETELY out of each (like a 35 point lead in a football game or 14 run lead in a baseball game), it's so bad that it's a clown pounding.

Well I’m just glad this forum would never do anything insane, like ban a poster, for using that image. Imagine how absurd that would be.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Couple good games on now between the Astros/A's and Rockies/Diamondbacks. 4 decent teams there, the A's are 52-41 which has to make them among the surprises in MLB this year.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Couple good games on now between the Astros/A's and Rockies/Diamondbacks. 4 decent teams there, the A's are 52-41 which has to make them among the surprises in MLB this year.
The only surprise for me is the starting rotation. It was the weakness of the team going into the year and they currently have 5 guys on the dl, but they keep plugging in guys who give them quality starts. The hitting and bullpen were above average before the season started, so no surprise there.

A's were a couple Lucroy gaffes from 4-game sweeping Houston in their barn. 3 out of 4 is still fantastic with the way they've kicked our teeth in this year.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
The only surprise for me is the starting rotation. It was the weakness of the team going into the year and they currently have 5 guys on the dl, but they keep plugging in guys who give them quality starts. The hitting and bullpen were above average before the season started, so no surprise there.

A's were a couple Lucroy gaffes from 4-game sweeping Houston in their barn. 3 out of 4 is still fantastic with the way they've kicked our teeth in this year.

Meh, again, the A's allowed a leadoff walk and a single setting up first and third with no one out before any of Lucroy's gaffes so they had already put themselves in a bad situation that game. Still, they've been red hot and the Astros have been meh the last couple weeks.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Well I haven't posted here on this baseball thread for quite a while. The blue Jays are pretty much where I thought they'd be. It's incredible to me that a franchise that drew over 3 million people go into this season without any chance of coming even close if making the playoffs. I mean im just a very casual fan and I knew it so I hope they must have too. What do they do ? They bring in a bunch of stiffs . I know I know they've had some injuries like most other teams I suspect however this is a no match team for the Yanks and red Sox.
They do have Guerrero and bichette but they have way too many holes to categorize them as having a good future...surely not in the short term.
Red Sox have done well in drafting trading and signing FA's
They've drafted superstars like Betts( who I think is underrated) Bogaerts, benintendi, devers
Yanks : judge andujar traded for youngsters like Torres
With the amount of fans Tor drew last season id figure they'd make more of an effort in keeping up with the competition
Where is Anthopolous .? They should have kept him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad