2018 MLB Regular Season Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Well i guess that win two days ago is going to get a little bit of momentum going for nats. Yes its still the marlins, but nats have pirates and mets next but again who knows

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
"Yea not sure what radio station he talking about. It's been capitals and Redskins non stop."

Did you guys read my post? I said when I lived there, that was four years ago. 106.7 used to have a bit on Wed or Thurs at lunchtime I believe, where they'd interview Rizzo by phone. Guy was always, always extremely cocky. Maybe he doesn't do it anymore, maybe the years of failure and underachievement have toned him down a little, who knows.

But hey, they're beating up on the Marlins!!! Cue the parade route lol. Fox even bashed the Nats tonight during the Angels-Dodgers game. Showed a graphic, since June 1st they've got the fourth worst record in baseball, their starters combined ERA is 5.99, and the great Harper is batting .170-something!

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
"Yea not sure what radio station he talking about. It's been capitals and Redskins non stop."

Did you guys read my post? I said when I lived there, that was four years ago. 106.7 used to have a bit on Wed or Thurs at lunchtime I believe, where they'd interview Rizzo by phone. Guy was always, always extremely cocky. Maybe he doesn't do it anymore, maybe the years of failure and underachievement have toned him down a little, who knows.

But hey, they're beating up on the Marlins!!! Cue the parade route lol. Fox even bashed the Nats tonight during the Angels-Dodgers game. Showed a graphic, since June 1st they've got the fourth worst record in baseball, their starters combined ERA is 5.99, and the great Harper is batting .170-something!

yea except thats not anything close to what you said

this is what you said
I agree completely. I lived in the DC area for many years. Most of my family are die-hard Nats fans. But I think a big, and I mean big problem with the Nationals, is that they, their fan base, and their media, think and act like they're much, much better than they actually are.

Like you said, they've had tremendous talent for years. Arguably one of the widest and longest lasting championship windows in sports, let alone baseball. One of the weakest divisions in baseball. And they've done nothing with it. Zero playoff series wins, let alone a pennant or WS.

But if you listen to their TV guys, or the DC media, or their front office, (I used to listen to Rizzo's weekly bit on the sports radio), you'd think they were the 27 Yankees the way they talk and act, instead of arguably the most overrated and underachieving team in baseball the last few years. It's incredible how this team, with the talent it has, has found so many ways to lose in the postseason, esp. at home. Rizzo for all his accolades has yet to make a bold move or acquisition at a trade deadline to get them that final piece...or bottom line to put a team together that can win something in October.

Now that other teams in the division are getting better, their road is getting harder and will continue to do so. I don't think rallying to beat the sad-sack Marlins is going to turn their season around. They have too many other issues ongoing. And it's sad cause with them hosting the ASG, all the talk will be rightfully how Harper doesn't deserve to be there....

so a couple mike rizzo interviews in 2013 is the reason your trying to blame the dc media for things they arent doing? as @G F O P and I told you, the media doesnt speak on the nats very often, especially not sportstalk 980. which radio guy and station was it? because if we wanna play the one radio host represents dc media then dont know what to tell ya

Reactions: G F O P

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Phillies won again, six in a row. Bullpen is still very shaky and their fielding could be much better.

Reactions: SnS

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
let me ask this again

how the hell was mark reynolds a free agent going into the season?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
let me ask this again

how the hell was mark reynolds a free agent going into the season?
The league has been trying to phase out bad fielding 1b who are 3-outcome hitters for a long time. Glad Reynolds decided to stick his middle finger up.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Wil Myers with a 3 home run game, and that's basically the only good thing for the Padres in this game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Andrew Knapp is hitting lead off today for the Phillies

A catcher is hitting lead off.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Andrew Knapp is hitting lead off today for the Phillies

A catcher is hitting lead off.

i remember jason kendall used to hit leadoff for the pirates sometimes

last time i remember seeing that

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
i remember jason kendall used to hit leadoff for the pirates sometimes

last time i remember seeing that
I thought about that too.

First time in franchise history for the Phillies.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Through 5 innings in Queens:

The Rays have 6 runs.
The Mets have 0 runners.

Pathetic all the way around. Absolutely pathetic. :facepalm:

EDIT: Make it 6 innings. And 7-0 Rays. :facepalm: :facepalm:

EDIT: And Nimmo leads off the 7th with a single to break it up. Eovaldi has still faced the minimum through 7, though.

Last edited:

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Myers is such a good player for a poor Padres team. Wonder when teams start kicking the tires on a trade for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad