2018 MLB Regular Season Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Should the Cards have kept Carpenter in the game today?

Normally I would say yes, but there is a doubleheader tomorrow.

Last year, one reason Scooter Gennett/JD Martinez stayed in to hit in what turned out to be 4 HR games is that they weren’t playing 2.

If tomorrow was a normal day, Carpenter probably stays in.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
David Price wins a 1-0 game.....

This is getting ridiculous. Apparently everything the Red Sox are touching is turning to gold.

Unless Alex Cora is THAT big a managerial upgrade, they probably would still be 69-30 if they retained Farrell.

Cora appears to be a great manager. I can't remember who said it on Olney's podcast but they were saying that the people around the Red Sox have been so impressed with his knowledge of the game and his ability to anticipate things as a manager, even for a rookie.

By all accounts the team had enough of Farrell last year and he had to go.

But really the biggest change is that team had NO POWER last year and they added an elite slugger in Martinez and Betts went back to being awesome.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
@Marc the Habs Fan Under Dusty Baker's leadership, the Nats were out of first place for only 7 days (in the span of 2 years)

No one ever doubted Dusty's regular season managing ability. Also, what can't be forgotten is that the NL East was absolute hot garbage in his 2 years as manager, especially last year. Now it's no longer that, even the Marlins are much better than anticipated and the Mets will start winning more with Cespedes and Thor back.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
No one ever doubted Dusty's regular season managing ability. Also, what can't be forgotten is that the NL East was absolute hot garbage in his 2 years as manager, especially last year. Now it's no longer that, even the Marlins are much better than anticipated and the Mets will start winning more with Cespedes and Thor back.

apparently not

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Cody Allen allowed back to back home runs on 2 consecutive pitches with 2 outs in the 9th to blow the save.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Cody Allen allowed back to back home runs on 2 consecutive pitches with 2 outs in the 9th to blow the save.

TWICE with 1 out to go? Ye gods!

Would have been bad enough if the first guy got on base and then you give up a game-tying 2-run HR.

But in THAT fashion? Yikes.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Raimel Tapia hits a grand slam and did a bat flip, my f***ing man

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Yankees season is almost over. I doubt they can win the Wild Card game. Waste of talent, waste of time.

I'm not ready to crown the Nationals of the American League. Let's see what happens when Boston goes through their inevitable cold streak.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
(has standings speadsheet leaflet. Licks finger, flips over cover page, looks at standings, closes leaflet)

Cubs take a pounding and are still the best team in the NL. It says so in these complicated documents I have been given.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

So why doesnt he just get the surgery now?

At this point what does it take for Manfred to step in and remove the Wilpons? I mean it’s blatabtly obvious at this point going back to Pedro Martinez’s remarks about what occurred in 2006 and Beltran getting surgery without telling the team that these guys are literally trying to make guys go out there hurt for money. It’s pretty clear Cespedes did this to out ownership

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Yankees season is almost over. I doubt they can win the Wild Card game. Waste of talent, waste of time.

You’re probably being sarcastic but if you’re not Paxton may be out for the season and he was by far the Yankees or Red Sox biggest threat in a one game play in because Seattle more likely than not being out of it a week out will enable them to hold him back while the Yanks or Sox have to possibly burn Sevi or Tanaka or CC or Price and Sale down to the wire because it may be close. The best thing in reality is for the Yanks or Sox to just be 5 out or more in that final week and just be able to set things up. Cashman has been stupidly quiet on the relief or starting trade front but there isn’t much elite talent available. Im still concerned about Severino just falling off because he’s has pitched an absurd amount of innings the last year relative to what he had before and you have to think very soon here he’s going to hit a rough patch.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
You’re probably being sarcastic but if you’re not Paxton may be out for the season and he was by far the Yankees or Red Sox biggest threat in a one game play in because Seattle more likely than not being out of it a week out will enable them to hold him back while the Yanks or Sox have to possibly burn Sevi or Tanaka or CC or Price and Sale down to the wire because it may be close. The best thing in reality is for the Yanks or Sox to just be 5 out or more in that final week and just be able to set things up. Cashman has been stupidly quiet on the relief or starting trade front but there isn’t much elite talent available. Im still concerned about Severino just falling off because he’s has pitched an absurd amount of innings the last year relative to what he had before and you have to think very soon here he’s going to hit a rough patch.

Yankees will face Manaea and not Paxton.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad