2018 Draft Thread (June 22nd, 7:30PM | June 23rd, 11AM)

jacketman10

May 18, 2010
Hilliard, OH
There are a number of players I would be very happy with. This pick should be boom or bust. We need to hit on some major skill players. As stated before Bokk is my guy.

Reactions: EspenK

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Corey Pronman mock draft.

18. Columbus: Dominik Bokk, RW, Vaxjo-J20 SuperElit
Columbus’s system has dried up lately and they are in desperate need of a game-breaking talent. Bokk could be that player for them. He won’t be ready next season or the one after, but he has high-end upside and, for an organization that stresses skill and hockey sense in their evaluations, he would be a target.

Reactions: jacketman10

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Boll is in a group of 4-5 guys that to me are similar and I’d be happy with any of them. Indeed, my personal preference among them isn’t fixed - right now it’s McLeod but it was Kuwaiti before that and will probs change again. Add Kravstov and Miller and there’s your group.

Denisenko, Kaut, Noel and Lundestrom are guys in that same tier to me but I prefer the other 5.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Boll is in a group of 4-5 guys that to me are similar and I’d be happy with any of them. Indeed, my personal preference among them isn’t fixed - right now it’s McLeod but it was Kuwaiti before that and will probs change again. Add Kravstov and Miller and there’s your group.

Denisenko, Kaut, Noel and Lundestrom are guys in that same tier to me but I prefer the other 5.
DSL, you had a Freudian slip I see, yearning for the old fisticuffs days. :laugh: :laugh: CA5150 would be proud.

Reactions: Viqsi

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
It's been a while since I've felt a draft was this compelling to watch. Lots of big pieces that may move during the draft and a lot of prospects with the potential to go anywhere in the 15-50 range. Of course the Panarin news makes it especially intriguing as a CBJ fan, but other big names like Karlsson, ROR, Simmonds, Tanev, Skinner, Faulk, etc. out there.. glad I'll be able to tune in! Less than 48 hours now :D

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Best one I've found is SwiftKey. I can get going pretty fast.
I've found that if I can't match the accuracy I get with a full-size QWERTY keyboard I get testy - and frankly adding reasons for annoyance when I'm posting would be contraindicated. :D

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Not to take away from the in depth discussion of keyboards but today is Draft Day! Top 10/11 seem pretty well locked in but from there on it appears to be a real crap shoot.

I think (hope) Jackets pick one of:

Kravstov -slight chance he is available though
Denisenko
Bokk
Kupari
Lundestrom (perhaps the safest pick)
Kaut

Based on McKenzie's ranking a guy who could be available and would fill a big organizational need is Joel Farabee

Two sleepers: Jonatan Berggren and Jay O'Brien

My guess : Bokk

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
My only wish for this draft is we are the team who finds a mid to late round gem .. ala Boston with Pastarnak, or TB with Kucherov...

While we did find Bjork and Nuti in later rounds, I'm talking a true game changer :D :D

Reactions: EspenK

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
My only wish for this draft is we are the team who finds a mid to late round gem .. ala Boston with Pastarnak, or TB with Kucherov...

While we did find Bjork and Nuti in later rounds, I'm talking a true game changer :D :D

With the exception of Lundestrom from what I've read on various scouting reports is that all the guys I listed have that potential. Only question is will they live up to their ceilings or fall to (below) their floor.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I'm pretty high on Ivan Morozov. Decent size center in the MHL. Plays a full 200ft game and has skill and skates well. Possible 2nd or maybe a Bjork type 3rd round pick for CBJ.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Something that wouldn’t surprise me is if Jarmo is looking to add another pick or two in the second round. This is a very, very deep draft with ~50 players who are rated as first round prospects. Adding another pick(s) in this round could help mitigate the fact we don’t have a pick in rounds 4 or 5...and Ville Siren is on record saying he’d love for Jarmo to add to our small stock of picks.

A team I’d look to take advantage of with multiple second round picks is Montreal (they have 4).

This may be an unpopular idea, but if I was Jarmo, I’d call up Bergevin and see if he’d be willing to trade two of his 2nds for Boone Jenner. That could give us some significant flexibility in roster and cap space moving forward so we could be more aggressive in UFA (I’d love to sign JVR if possible) and would also allow us to add another quality prospect or two to our pipeline. Thoughts?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
#CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen on draft strategy w/ 18th pick in the 1st round: "if all of our top-priority guys are gone, and we get to, let’s say 15, and it’s getting thin, then we’re going to look at moving back."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad