2018 Draft Thread (June 22nd, 7:30PM | June 23rd, 11AM)

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I realize it was an early 6th, but trading a future 5th for a 6th now, common Jarmo.
Who knows what next season brings, that 5th round pick could be an early 5th next year.

Bad business IMO

Or it could be a late 5th round pick where it's only the difference between 10 picks max. Honestly, not too upset about it... If they feel strongly enough about him and his potential, I'm fine... If in 4 years he becomes a NHL'er, are we really going to be on here criticizing how we traded a 5th round pick to get him?

Actually, on second thought... Knowing, how people like to complain, we probably will :laugh:

Reactions: Xoggz22

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Jackets didn't appear to entertain trading down very seriously. At least in this clip.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
If he's 29th on Mckenzie's list, then there's a good chance he's gone by 29. Jarmo could not have traded down safely.

Especially since there was a run on centers going on. Most of the centers were going higher than McKenzie had them pegged at. Jay O'Brien was picked by the Flyers with pick #19. Had Foudy been there, would the Flyers have taken him instead?

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I just watched a shift by shift of Liam Foudy against USA in the U18 WJC where he had a goal and a assist. It's only 12 minutes long

Looks pretty good there, but had some work he could do to be better.

But, if your still upset and saying "This was a reach", I would watch it. Might help you feel a bit better about the pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->