NCAA GDT: 2018 CFP National Championship: (3) Georgia Bulldogs vs (4) Alabama Crimson Tide

S-E-C! S-E-C! S-E-C!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
They can claim they started the Chicago fire, but that doesn't make it so lel
But hey so long as they're having fun, go for it!

I hope this year my Philadelphia Flyers claim being Stanley Cup champions even though we're not gonna make the playoffs just like UCF didn't. We can get shirts made, rings for the players, hang a banner.. we won't have the actual trophy and will never be recognized as 2018 Stanley Cup Champions outside of our own imagination... but hey! It'll be a hoot!
Great, then go down to their campus and yell at them.

Your Flyers operate under the exact same system as the other 30 NHL teams. The current 4-team college football playoff is run by the P5, not the NCAA, and the P5 will never let in a G5 school no matter their record, their ranking, or their schedule. So 65 FBS schools have a shot, and 65 FBS schools have no shot.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Wrong.

2-programs

Ohio State & Alabama.

I'm amazed at how people ignore that Ohio State got into the playoff just a couple of years ago without winning their division or conference and the irony of them getting left out this year when they got in over a 2-L Big 12 champ TCU.

Yep, OSU gets the royal treatment as well. This is twice now for Bama though in 7 years.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
We are having a great time down here enjoying the championship with the festivities the school has put on.
Who's the Grand Marshall for the USF parade?
Is it the Tooth Fairy or Easter Bunny? Surely they will give that high honor to someone as authentic and as real as their self-proclaimed National Championship

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Wrong.

2-programs

Ohio State & Alabama.

I'm amazed at how people ignore that Ohio State got into the playoff just a couple of years ago without winning their division or conference and the irony of them getting left out this year when they got in over a 2-L Big 12 champ TCU.

I think at the end of the day it comes down to ratings for the Committee, they saw the rematch possibility and knew it would be a prime time draw. I personally think Ohio State was better than Clemson and Georgia, would’ve put up a better fight than Clemson and at least would not have choked like Georgia but whoever quoted me before was right, the Iowa loss doomed Ohio Saye.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Watched the game. Looked at the stats. And looked at the final score. You don’t win by 7 if you completely dominate them unless you run in the end zone yourself

Ucf should have made the playoffs though. The commit is trash

We couldn't execute in the 1st half. Missed too many easy plays that couldn't had us up by 2 TD's going into the half. 2nd half we finally executed and put up more points on them than any team did all year.

I agree, not even just for UCF but college football in general. Alabama didn't have a great resume, they just had a great name that sells, yet they still got in.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Difference is the flyers have an actual chance to make the playoffs, UCF never had a chance to so couldn't play for the ESPN championship. All they need is the AFCA to put them at 1 and they can claim a national championship.

They had UCF #10 & Alabama #4 heading into bowl season. I don’t know why you would be so confident they would rank UCF above Alabama.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Who's the Grand Marshall for the USF parade?
Is it the Tooth Fairy or Easter Bunny? Surely they will give that high honor to someone as authentic and as real as their self-proclaimed National Championship

The claim is more authentic than Alabama's when they had 2 loses and were ranked 20th in the AP poll.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I personally think Ohio State was better than Clemson
Well you would've been alone in thinking that.
At time of selection, probably 98% of people said the #4 spot was just to see who got the honor to be curb stomped by Clemson.

I agree, not even just for UCF but college football in general. Alabama didn't have a great resume, they just had a great name that sells, yet they still got in.
and wouldn't you know it: Alabama has a tremendous resume now.

defeated ACC Champion and defending Natty winners #1 Clemson
defeated SEC Champions and Rose Bowl winners #3 Georgia.
Won National Championship

It's almost as if the committee knew what they were doing by not leaving out the best team in the Nation. Alabama was #1 every week except for one, and then they swept the playoff.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
At time of selection, probably 98% of people said the #4 spot was just to see who got the honor to be curb stomped by Clemson.

Fair enough, my hindsight is 20/20 but I still think they would’ve given us a better game than Clemson did against Bama.

I honestly don’t know where I’m going with this argument anymore :laugh: but I’m just confused with the committee again. Alabama 100% deserved to get in and they proved it the last two weeks, but I thought the whole purpose of the playoff was to make sure that we aren’t getting two teams from the same conference in the National Championship game?

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
The claim is more authentic than Alabama's when they had 2 loses and were ranked 20th in the AP poll.
TIL the BCS and/or Playoff existed in 1941.

I'm guessing mental gymnastics a major now at UCF lel

They had UCF #10 & Alabama #4 heading into bowl season. I don’t know why you would be so confident they would rank UCF above Alabama.
well because they absolutely eviscerated an Auburn team that beat Alabama, duh! How can you be this simple?

Who did Alabama beat this bowl season?
What have they done to warrant being #1?
Did they beat the defending National Champion?
Did they beat the #1 Ranked team?
Did they beat the ACC Champion?
Did they beat the SEC Champion?

Fact check those m8

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

and wouldn't you know it: Alabama has a tremendous resume now.

defeated ACC Champion and defending Natty winners #1 Clemson
defeated SEC Champions and Rose Bowl winners #3 Georgia.
Won National Championship

It's almost as if the committee knew what they were doing by not leaving out the best team in the Nation. Alabama was #1 every week except for one, and then they swept the playoff.

They also helped UCF resume.

Only undefeated team
Defeated the only team to beat the CFP committees proclaimed national champs.

Maybe one day Alabama won't be so scared to schedule us again so they can try to even their record against us. But they're too scared to leave the state for an OOC game so doubt it happens.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
TIL the BCS and/or Playoff existed in 1941.

I'm guessing mental gymnastics a major now at UCF lel

well because they absolutely eviscerated an Auburn team that beat Alabama, duh! How can you be this simple?

Who did Alabama beat this bowl season?
What have they done to warrant being #1?
Did they beat the defending National Champion?
Did they beat the #1 Ranked team?
Did they beat the ACC Champion?
Did they beat the SEC Champion?

Fact check those m8

You do realize that the CFP playoffs isn't the only claim to a national championship? There's still a ton of polls that the NCAA legitimizes that still vote and could put someone else at the top.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
You USF fans should tell the t-shirt makers that made the 2018 National Champion Georgia Bulldogs shirts to not send them to Nigeria, yet.
They can claim to be National Champions, too! All you have to do is beat Auburn and you're in!

I mean shit, my Flyers beat the Penguins last year 6-2... so that means we have a claim to the Cup! Wew!!!!!!!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They also helped UCF resume.

Only undefeated team

Maybe one day Alabama won't be so scared to schedule us again so they can try to even their record against us. But they're too scared to leave the state for an OOC game so doubt it happens.

This isn’t a serious post is it? Will UCF even be in the top 5 is a better question than will they be #1?

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
You do realize that the CFP playoffs isn't the only claim to a national championship? There's still a ton of polls that the NCAA legitimizes that still vote and could put someone else at the top.

Problem with this logic is that the CFP Poll is the only poll that matters

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
UCF fans:
..but... we may get a vote for #1 in the final poll! So that means we can claim a Natty! Srs guys! Listen to us! Believe us! Anybody?!!!!!!!!!!

It would be like Aaron Sele saying he has a claim to the Baseball HOF because he got 1 vote lel. The only HOF Aaron Sele is in is the Sele Family HOF, just like the only National title UCF ever won was the UCF Self-Proclaimed National Championship.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
UCF fans:
..but... we may get a vote for #1 in the final poll! So that means we can claim a Natty! Srs guys! Listen to us! Believe us! Anybody?!!!!!!!!!!

It would be like Aaron Sele saying he has a claim to the Baseball HOF because he got 1 vote lel. The only HOF Aaron Sele is in is the Sele Family HOF, just like the only National title UCF ever won was the UCF Self-Proclaimed National Championship

Obviously you know nothing about college football polls and how they work or the history of national championship claims. Keep watching ESPN, because they'll tell you what you want to hear.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Obviously you know nothing about college football polls and how they work or the history of national championship claims. Keep watching ESPN, because they'll tell you what you want to hear.
Here's what I do know:

UCF will never have that coveted crystal football or that playoff trophy. The only way those trophies ever end up on that campus is if Saban brings them for show-and-tell.

At the same time, UCF can play show-and-tell too if they want by bringing their "2018 Self-Proclaimed National Champions" home made banner and trophy their home-ec class made them to Tuscaloosa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad