NCAA GDT: 2018 CFP National Championship: (3) Georgia Bulldogs vs (4) Alabama Crimson Tide

S-E-C! S-E-C! S-E-C!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I was speaking in terms of Division 1, which still draws the money and fan interest
Money -- now you've hit the nail on the head. Money (the P5) runs major college football. The NCAA stays out of it, or, more accurately, has been pushed out of it following the 1984 Supreme Court ruling that took national TV rights away from the NCAA.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
There has never been an officially sanctioned 1A/FBS NCAA champion. Whether AP, UPI, CFP or 50 accountants in Fargo, it's all mythical.

That’s fine, so UCF can be a Champion in another poll and it’s still not going to matter or be recognized like Alabama, nor should they be.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
There were 6 things when it came to college football I always was taught mattered:
  1. Resume
  2. Schedule
  3. Body of work
  4. Win your division
  5. Win your conference
  6. Don't lose late
Bama for me didn't check those marks.

It's just hard for me to think that a team that LOST their last game of the year in an SEC West all or nothing game got the benefit of the doubt.

The committee essentially rewarded them for LOSING the Iron Bowl.

Bama has officially become more insufferable than Duke basketball.

It's not even fun anymore.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
If Texas can win a national championship in 1969 because Richard Nixon gave them a plaque, UCF can do whatever the hell they want.

Reactions: keonsbitterness

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Unless he wants to break the national title tie with Bear Bryant, this would be the perfect time for Saban to drop the mic and walk off into the sunset.

I mean, it can't get any better than that, right?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
DTE2l79X4AA-wvf.jpg

When Tua sees Russell Wilson at QB camp this spring.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Penn State will win the national championship within the next 5 years. You heard it here first.

For the UCF fans - play Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St and potentially Wisconsin every year and see how you do. Clowns. I remember when a team full of non-scholarship players led by Coach Franklin still managed to beat you idiots.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Square Hammer*

Jan 22, 2017
Penn State will win the national championship within the next 5 years. You heard it here first.

For the UCF fans - play Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St and potentially Wisconsin every year and see how you do. Clowns. I remember when a team full of non-scholarship players led by Coach Franklin still managed to beat you idiots.
Wow. Someone pissed in your cornflakes, I take it?

Reactions: Voight

spintheblackcircle

Incoming!
Mar 1, 2002

I just got who you remind me of....LaVar Ball.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Only two SEC teams are good enough to possibly win the Big 10 and those two teams played last night.
It's easy to ignore Auburn since they lost to UCF, but they wouldn't have got credit for beating them either. Just like the last SEC team that beat UCF in Orlando with a backup QB the year UCF won a BCS game and only loss one game.

All conferences are top heavy. Some more so in a particular season.

But it is pretty ludicrous to say Penn State would have been .500 in the SEC. They would have been right there with Auburn and Alabama if they played in the West, and with Georgia if they played in the East.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Unless he wants to break the national title tie with Bear Bryant, this would be the perfect time for Saban to drop the mic and walk off into the sunset.

I mean, it can't get any better than that, right?

He probably wants to break the tie. If he still enjoys coaching, why not stick around?

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
But it is pretty ludicrous to say Penn State would have been .500 in the SEC.
almost as ludicrous as saying they're winning a title soon
there are a lot of cupcakes in the Big 10
Rutgers, Maryland, Nebraska, Purdue, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota
put me down as one of those people who think the SEC is just much better than everyone else

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
It's definitely debatable. The SEC East other than Georgia is anywhere from mediocre to dumpster fire bad. The West is decidedly the tougher side but even they have some very mediocre teams.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
The gamepass broadcast was brilliant again. The attention to detail that major coaches have is phenomenal. No one dominated the convo, just breaking down tape and schemes. Cutcliffe called out the game winning td when he saw the Georgia safeties split.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
It's definitely debatable. The SEC East other than Georgia is anywhere from mediocre to dumpster fire bad. The West is decidedly the tougher side but even they have some very mediocre teams.

That'll change though. Muschamp is doing way better than I thought he would and Mullen will resurrect Florida. Tennessee is the big wild card. I know Pruitt can recruit and coach up a D but can he handle being the CEO?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
If you want to acknowledge the refs screwing up, you also have to acknowledge they missed a false start on that "blocked" punt which would have nullified the whole play to begin with. You and Herbstreit refuse to accept that.

Yup, I saw the false start too. (I was watching the announcerless feed.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->