2018 Around the League II: Dorion got WHAT for Karlsson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Don't see how Tkachuk doesn't become a consistent 50+ point player. He's just all over the play all the time.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Ahhh Ray Ferraro I love how blunt he is on the radio

"Why are you shocked that Jay Beagle was injured?........ I mean it was only a matter of time when a team spends so much time in their own zone"
-
"This could just be the beginning of the injuries for Vancouver"

would be interesting to assess what percentage of our injuries are from puck blocks.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Ahhh Ray Ferraro I love how blunt he is on the radio

"Why are you shocked that Jay Beagle was injured?........ I mean it was only a matter of time when a team spends so much time in their own zone"
-
"This could just be the beginning of the injuries for Vancouver"

Interesting perspective from Ray but seems to be misinformed a little.

Although we have 2 of the leaders in block shots (top 10), including number 1 (Alex Edler), Toronto happens to have 3. Is anybody suggesting Toronto is spending too much time in their zone defending and therefore will have more injuries?

I just quickly looked at last year blocked shots for Washington Capitals and the Vancouver Canucks. The Washington Capitals last year blocked more shots than the Vancouver Canucks (1194 to 1152), but the numbers are relatively close. I would suggest that the Stanley Cup champs might have spent less time in their own zone than the Vancouver Canucks.

This year, Toronto has blocked close to 18 shots a game and Vancouver has blocked 20 shots a game. 2 extra shots in this small sample size. Is this statistically meaningful?

My gut tells me his statement is pure gobblygoop.

One could look into how blocked shots and injuries correlate. One could also look into time spent in ones own zone and blocked shots correlation. But, it seems that all successful teams block shots.

While it is a fact that all of our defensemen are in the infirmary for stretches, it seems to me that other factors are likely just as or more significant than the one that Ray points to (travel, schedule, individual durability, opposition, etc.).

Reactions: HelloCookie

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
all shot attempts are not equal though and better defensive teams will be pressuring shooters. i wonder what percentage of canuck blocked shots involve the shooter having time to wind up.

Reactions: daddyohsix
May 31, 2006
Another goal by McDavid. 3 points tonight.

The Oilers still haven't scored a goal this season without McDavid involved.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Arizona 1-4 to start the season

yikes
3 goals scored so far this season.

That being said, I've watched highlights of all their games. They truly are going to bust out. I'd put money on it, especially when the likes of Galchenyuk and Dvorak get healthy.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Todd McLellan..Poor guy... Looks like he's aged 20 years since being the Oilers coach....Good guy...but i have a feeling he could be one the coaching casualties this season.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Whoa...

mcdavid-rattie-droppass.gif

Reactions: hellstick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad