GDT: 2018 ALDS: (2) Houston Astros vs (3) Cleveland Indians

Who wins?

• Total voters

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Their bullpen has become mortal this year. Coupled with a meh offense in a horrible division that inflated their record. It wasn't until around mid-to-late June that Cleveland started to pull away. Before that the Tigers were in 2nd place, 2.5 games out and under .500

I also do believe they are suffering from some psychological scars from the past two seasons. Blew a 3-1 lead in the World Series(with homefield) in 2016 and losing three straight to New York last year(with homefield) after going up 2-0. All while winning close to or over 20 games in a row during the regular season(as if that really matters). Time will tell if they will overcome that or they just missed their chance.

They have some talent but I didn't see it this year. Hence why I thought they would be swept or force a game 4 at most.

Yeah I read somewhere the other day they were obviously well above .500 in their division but like 42-44 vs. everyone else. I don't know about anything psychological, bottom line is the Astros are damn good even with several players not having nearly the offensive numbers they did last year. Correa's been a non factor since his injury but some other guys have stepped up. The pitching, both in the rotation and bullpen, is much better.

Houston had the best road record in the league so they should take one of the two games in Cleveland.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
If my quick research is correct, CLE won ONE series of at least 3 games all year against a team with a winning record...they won 2/3 against Boston September 21-23.

They did sweep the Cubs and Brewers in two game series’ earlier in the year and split some 4 game series’.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
Hmm, I don’t approve of the Astros Andrew Miller killing policy, but I do approve of their Trevor Bauer killing policy.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Astros destroyed the Tribe's pen. They will sweep the Sox imo. Id expect a similiar ALCS as last year if it is the Yankees.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
The Astros destroyed the Tribe's pen. They will sweep the Sox imo. Id expect a similiar ALCS as last year if it is the Yankees.

Im.not sure . Tough to call. The sox might take the Astros. But imo the Astros will beat the Yanks

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The AL Central was only one Miami win away from Kansas City, Chicago and Detroit finishing 2-4 respectively for next month's draft.

Houston in 3.

Yep.

Cleveland had their chance the past few years and blew it. Happened in '97 and '07 as well.

This years incarnation was far weaker and just ran into a flat out better team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad