• Total voters

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
First confirmed matchup. Who ya got?

10/5 Game 1 Cleveland at Houston
10/6 Game 2 Cleveland at Houston
10/8 Game 3 Houston at Cleveland
10/9 Game 4 Houston at Cleveland (if necessary)
10/11 Game 5 Cleveland at Houston (if necessary)

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
All the attention has been on Boston, NYY, Oakland and Houston. The Indians are the classic dark horse.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Obviously I'm hoping Houston. It's going to be tough. Indians have great starting pitchers and Astros sometimes tend to have their bats disappear during a game. Hopefully they use home field advantage to their advantage.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Houston. Playing in a tougher division and that they know how to win will help.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Obviously I'm hoping Houston. It's going to be tough. Indians have great starting pitchers and Astros sometimes tend to have their bats disappear during a game. Hopefully they use home field advantage to their advantage.

Yeah MM Park was incredible last year, although during the regular season this year they really seemed to coast and lose too many home games. Their road record is staggering though.

In this series I think the starting pitching is a wash with maybe an edge to Houston. Depending on who they pitch these next few garbage games, they have a chance to allow the fewest runs in a season (since the DH was brought in) since the 74 A's. The bullpen clearly favors Houston and overall the Astros have allowed over a hundred fewer runs, even with Cleveland playing in a miserable division. Hopefully Houston can get some quality innings out of McCullers and Morton and Keuchel doesn't have a meltdown inning like he's been prone to.

The lineups are pretty much a wash. Would love to see Correa get healthy/going, he's been terrible since the injury.

All that being said I said Houston in five. It's hard to repeat.

Reactions: punk_o_holic

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The AL Central was only one Miami win away from Kansas City, Chicago and Detroit finishing 2-4 respectively for next month's draft.

Houston in 3.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Houston is just a scary team from top to bottom, the lineup, the bullpen and starting staff.

games aren't won on paper and weird things happen but they are probably the favorite to win the WS and repeat. they probably beat the tribe in 4.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The Astros had only 1 weakness and that was the bullpen. Insert Osuna (whatever you may think of him, it was still a HUGE upgrade), Pressly and now McCullers. Hard to see them losing any series. Astros in 4.

With that said, the baseball playoffs are really a crapshoot and CLE can win this series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->