GDT: 2018 ALCS - Boston Red Sox vs. Houston Astros

Who will advance to the World Series?

• Total voters

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Damn. Not gonna say you guys showed too much respect for the Astros. They are the defending champs after all. But it was more of disrespecting the Red Sox. They won 108 games...most for any team since 2001.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Did you watch all the games? Yah they lost them but they hardly gave up or didnt put up a fight
After the Devers home run, they were out of it. The looks on their faces said it too. There may have been a few faux rallies, but nothing of real substance. Many will blame the umpiring for yesterday but they made too many mistakes. The Red Sox were clearly a better team this series. Their bullpen outperformed the Astros.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Pathetic fight by the Astros losing all three at home. Had their struggles at home this year.

Right because losing to an 108 win team that played their butts off was pathetic. Not easy to repeat in baseball. Just have to tip your cap to Boston.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Congrats to Boston fans. Houston needs to make some upgrades. Still good enough to complete next year. Sucks that they'll most likely lose Marwin Gonzalez. Price pitched a heck of a game.

New bats will be easy to find. Gonzalez had a good playoff but his regular season was a big regression from last year. Same for several other guys esp. Correa and Altuve. Both should be back fully healthy next year, Bregman isn't going anywhere. They're still going to be very good for a long time. And management/ownership has said many times they're not going to be afraid to bring in free agents to compliment the loads of young talent they have in the pipeline still.

Nothing to be ashamed about, winning a WS and getting back to the LCS is a pretty good couple of years. Boston is just very very good and after Game One really made all the plays.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It's been everything going right and nothing going wrong for Boston all year long.

Kinda feels a bit like the Golden Knights last year- a charmed season, almost ridiculously charmed team of destiny.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
It is as if the 2018 Red Sox are incapable of misfortune

At this rate, Cora could put in a position player to pitch and he would throw a scoreless inning.

That’s how much of a Midas touch he has had

The Red Sox October rabbits foot strikes again!

And it doesn't help that Boston has had all the luck.

The next time something goes wrong for him will be the first.

It's been everything going right and nothing going wrong for Boston all year long.

Kinda feels a bit like the Golden Knights last year- a charmed season, almost ridiculously charmed team of destiny.

Lol we get it

Ill also add they had real great luck having Sale get hurt, so so lucky. Big ole rabbits foot on that one

Last edited:
Reactions: EON and GIN ANTONIC

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
For as hyped up as this ALCS was, it was a huge letdown of a series. Five games? That's it? For a series that was supposed to go 7 games, if not 6.

Feels like the Flames-Oilers 1988 Battle of Alberta- an anticipated matchup that was shockingly short AND one-sided.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
For as hyped up as this ALCS was, it was a huge letdown of a series. Five games? That's it? For a series that was supposed to go 7 games, if not 6.

Feels like the Flames-Oilers 1988 Battle of Alberta- an anticipated matchup that was shockingly short AND one-sided.

Hey - remember this post you made back in July ????

Wake me up when these Red Sox do something in October.

Well - I've been waiting 3 months to tell you this: HEY CHRIS - WAKE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Hey - remember this post you made back in July ????

Well - I've been waiting 3 months to tell you this: HEY CHRIS - WAKE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

They did something in October and proved me wrong, I'll admit it.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

I had it going 5 but had the result backwards.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Red Sox win the WS.. hate them but pretty much all year I've said they'd win . [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad