GDT: 2018 ALCS - Boston Red Sox vs. Houston Astros

Who will advance to the World Series?

• Total voters

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
It's been everything going right and nothing going wrong for Boston all year long.

Kinda feels a bit like the Golden Knights last year- a charmed season, almost ridiculously charmed team of destiny.

yeah, not like their ace spent the last 2 months barely pitching and seeing a big velocity drop when he does...and is currently in the hospital with stomach issues.

or their #1a starter has been a headcase for 2 seasons now and pitches more like 4 and a 1/2 most nights.

and that bullpen sure has gone the Sox way all year...right?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
LOL. How's Oakland doing these days? Keep dreaming Mighty Mouse lol.

giphy.gif

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
hahahahahahahaha someone's mad

mighty mouse?

Yeah Mighty Mouse. Or do you want to whine more about those meanie t-shirts lol? You have to wonder about someone who comes here to "gloat" when another team does a job his team couldn't.

It's ok. I understand. Your team was Houston's bitch all year, you got no respect, the home attendance was embarrassingly low for a 97 win team. Had to settle for the WC and we all saw again the typical October Chokeland As. Maybe you should wait to smack talk until your team does something in the postseason besides die quickly lol. That last WS with your Roid boys was a long, long time ago.

Good luck next year. I enjoyed your crying. My favorite is still the time you whined about the Astros "getting to play the Angels" as if you guys didn't get them for an equal number of games. Let me know if you want me to send a dreambuster t-shirt lol.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
literally all i said was dreamcrushers and that was enough to send you into a fit of rage lols. i understand being mad that your team lost but you take it to a another level

hahaha you want to talk about franchises? took yours 43 years to even reach a WS and 55 years to actually win one. only 8 division titles in 56 years too. meanwhile, the A's are the third most successful franchise in MLB history. it's ok though, enjoy your lousy franchise's one WS title and keep running your mouth.

whining about the astros playing the angels? not sure what you're talking about. and i'm good, all those kids in africa will be enjoying those dreamcrusher shirts very soon

Reactions: Clowe Me

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
NL West? Nice fail genius lol. But yes I believe they will add a division champs banner. Seems to be the tradition...

Yeah, really got me on that sick burn. A phone auto correct and you’re going on a rampage attacking an A’s fan for some reason. Chill guy. Your team won it all last year. You can still be happy about that.

Last edited:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Astros were on that World Series hangover, it's hard to pull of back to back's.

I don't think they were hungover. They made an all-out effort to at least repeat as AL Champs with their offseason aquisition of Cole and their midseason pickup of the wifebeater to improve their only weakness (closer). They just got beaten by a better team.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I don't think they were hungover. They made an all-out effort to at least repeat as AL Champs with their offseason aquisition of Cole and their midseason pickup of the wifebeater to improve their only weakness (closer). They just got beaten by a better team.

He got exonerated from that. No one knows what exactly happened. Meanwhile he looks like the big bad wolf.. what I do know is that his wife didn't show up at court...she made her choice and if she didn't care to show then why should you even care let alone inculpate .

Last edited:

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I just despise the red Sox and their fans too.. I remember not that long ago how they'd complain about how the Yanks bought championships and they're not saying a word now that they have the highest payroll ...of course not.
I really don't want them to win but they will .been saying it all year.
Too strong a team .....no nL team can take the Sox

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
He got exonerated from that. No one knows what exactly happened. Meanwhile he looks like the big bad wolf.. what I do know is that his wife didn't show up at court...she made her choice and if she didn't care to show then why should you even care let alone imculpate .

Uhhh he signed a peace bond to settle things amicably. There have been sources that suggested the police photos of her beating her were absolutely horrific. Luckily for him in Canada that sort of stuff is sealed and doesn’t get the immediate TMZ treatment. Of course we will never know the full story here but the idea that it was a false claim is incredibly low.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Uhhh he signed a peace bond to settle things amicably. There have been sources that suggested the police photos of her beating her were absolutely horrific. Luckily for him in Canada that sort of stuff is sealed and doesn’t get the immediate TMZ treatment. Of course we will never know the full story here but the idea that it was a false claim is incredibly low.

As bad it may have been..Did the wife accept ???
Did she as you say sign an agreement?
So if she's come to terms with it
Then why wouldn't the fans
The fans aren't the victims....his wife apparently was..
I say apparently because one never knows what goes in closed doors

Last edited:

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I just despise the red Sox and their fans too.. I remember not that long ago how they'd complain about how the Yanks bought championships and they're not saying a word now that they have the highest payroll ...of course not.
I really don't want them to win but they will .been saying it all year.
Too strong a team .....no nL team can take the Sox

They paid for Price and Martinez but beyond that a majority of this team was raised through the farm system or acquired using the depth they used to have.

Reactions: Alicat

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
They paid for Price and Martinez but beyond that a majority of this team was raised through the farm system or acquired using the depth they used to have.

They still have the highest payroll.and where would they be without Martinez let alone Price?
Guys like Sale kimbrel are all guys that most teams wouldn't pay for .
They are not reluctant to pay for any free agent or any player via trade
Let me see them run the team like the Astros or Brewers and be a WS winner.. I've met ppl in Boston who also were saying the red Sox fans are the most obnoxious fans there are.
Weren't they also in trouble with
The signing of International prospects and violating the regulations. Of course totally typical of them .
Yes benintendi and Betts( I can't still figure out where this guy gets his power...steroids?) Good picks
Bogaerts Bradley is ok just had the series of his life vs the Astros

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah Mighty Mouse. Or do you want to whine more about those meanie t-shirts lol? You have to wonder about someone who comes here to "gloat" when another team does a job his team couldn't.

It's ok. I understand. Your team was Houston's ***** all year, you got no respect, the home attendance was embarrassingly low for a 97 win team. Had to settle for the WC and we all saw again the typical October Chokeland As. Maybe you should wait to smack talk until your team does something in the postseason besides die quickly lol. That last WS with your Roid boys was a long, long time ago.

Good luck next year. I enjoyed your crying. My favorite is still the time you whined about the Astros "getting to play the Angels" as if you guys didn't get them for an equal number of games. Let me know if you want me to send a dreambuster t-shirt lol.
Dude change your tampon.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
They still have the highest payroll.and where would they be without Martinez let alone Price?
Guys like Sale kimbrel are all guys that most teams wouldn't pay for .
They are not reluctant to pay for any free agent or any player via trade
Let me see them run the team like the Astros or Brewers and be a WS winner.. I've met ppl in Boston who also were saying the red Sox fans are the most obnoxious fans there are.
Weren't they also in trouble with
The signing of International prospects and violating the regulations. Of course totally typical of them .
Yes benintendi and Betts( I can't still figure out where this guy gets his power...steroids?) Good picks
Bogaerts Bradley is ok just had the series of his life vs the Astros
This is a terrible post, so much salt.

Who the f*** cares about payroll.

Red Sox fans whined about Yankees payroll when it was like 85 million above the second place team. It was a stupid argument back then, it's a stupid argument now. Payroll =/= Winning. 5 of the top 10 teams in payroll missed the playoffs. Also, fwiw Astros payroll is only as low as it is, because they still have their big 4 of Springer, Bregman, Altuve, and Correa making a grand total of 22.6 million. Have fun when Bregman and Correa, and Springer (still) are all arb eligible after 2019, not to mention Altuve's extension kicking in at 26 million a year. Will the Astros be on your shit list for big money spenders then? Those 4 easily will be north of 50-60 million.

Red Sox fans are obnoxious? Okay that's great. Could care less. I think Yankee fans are obnoxious. It's almostas if disliking a team makes you dislike their fans! WOW!!!

I love you chastizing them for signing free agents in Martinez and Price as if they are the only team to do so. They cashed in a farm system to acquire guys they wanted in Sale, Kimbrel, Porcello, etc. They also have an entire home grown outfield, which is a top 3, if not the best OF in the game. a home grown at 3rd and SS in Devers and Bogey, and a home grown behind the dish in Vasquez.

Also, Mookie Betts getting a steroid accusation might be the funniest thing I've read here. Want to know why he's good? He has quick hands. Does small guy Jose Altuve do steriods too because hits 25HR a year? No he also has quick hands. Don't need to be a big bulky guy to hit bombs.

It's almost like....they know how to build a team via every avenue available??? What a novel concept.

Reactions: Alicat

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Nothing wrong with spending the money if you have it. Quite the opposite, considering the prices Sox fans apparently pay for tickets, concessions etc., they should riot if the team ran a sub 200 million payroll while in a position to contend. There's no trophy given out for spending efficiency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad