GDT: 2018 ALCS - Boston Red Sox vs. Houston Astros

Who will advance to the World Series?

• Total voters

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That's the problem right there, no one knows what really happened. I'm biased because I had a friend (male) in college be expelled with zero evidence for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman, when the police dismissed all charges and the woman, who was also a friend, dropped the matter saying it was a conscience crisis. Not saying that's the case here, I agree that something most likely happened, but like the Ezekiel Elliott matter last year, there's too much gray area to make a real call. Certainly not enough to say the guy's a confirmed wife beater.

What's also frustrating is right before that, Oakland traded for Jeurys Familia, someone else with domestic violence accusations and issues. Nobody says a thing on that. Chapman's issues have been forgotten.

As for the other matter, yeah if someone like Yake comes here and gloats I'm going to blast him. You don't know the history. Him and his buddy were whining all year, coming up with the most ridiculous reasons why Houston kept beating Oakland over and over and over all season. It got old in May. They were both also fighting with half the board I noticed the night their team got spanked by NY.

I have no problem with Boston winning, they played extremely well and like I've already said many times I tip my hat to them and their fans. But I have no patience for a fans who come here to gloat when their team couldn't beat Houston literally all season except when combinations of Springer/Altuve and Correa were out injured, then rolled over like a dead puppy in the WC game.

And yes I am very happy with this Astros team. Barring an LA World Series title they've accomplished more these two years than anyone else and they're going to be very good for a long time. It's funny as hell that people come here to gloat because omg...the Astros didn't repeat as champions. Especially when their team hasn't done jack for decades. Now that's all I'm going to say on this.
If something ever happens to my house, at least I know I can live rent free inside your head.

An Astros fan complaining about injuries is rich.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Nothing wrong with spending the money if you have it. Quite the opposite, considering the prices Sox fans apparently pay for tickets, concessions etc., they should riot if the team ran a sub 200 million payroll while in a position to contend. There's no trophy given out for spending efficiency.
You’d actually be shocked to learn that while Fenway isn’t cheap, it’s the cheapest ticket around when all 4 sports are going on.

Day of most games I can spend $25 for a standing room ticket.

You can’t do that for the other 3 teams

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
who is this marcobruin dude that came out the woodwork? The "bruin" in his name would leave me ot believe he is a sox fan but it looks like he's hating on them

I hate them and never made a secret but I do love the bruins. Didn't hate them back in the Jim Rice days ...did find them awfully boring then though.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
This thread really is an abnomation. You'd think the dude who wants a bunch of rich dbags who have never had to work a day in their lives to form a union busting cartel against employees would be the worst poster, but nope, along comes a guy making excuses for spousal abuse because of something that happened to another guy once. Solid work all around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad