NFL GDT: 2018 AFC Divisional Round: (2) New England Patriots vs (5) Los Angeles Chargers

nelac

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
His whole side business is built around athlete science and all that stuff. So my impression is that he's trying to play longer than any other player to prove his "methods" work.

I don't buy it, I would say the rules work. I don't care what diet you do, if they barely allow you to be touched for the most part it greatly increases your longevity.

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
Yeah, he just doesn't seem the same. Even in the Super Bowl, that fumble cost them the game. I thought they should have opened the drive with a run just to mix things up and gain some positive yards right away.

The Superbowl where Brady threw for 505-3-0.. yeah off day I guess :naughty:

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
He did well, but with 2 something left all he had to do was drive the field and they win, and he fumbled it away. I'm just saying - to me that seemed like a little chip off the impregnable Brady fortress.

You're making it sound like he fumbled a snap or something. It was a strip sack from the blindside.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Chargers have been puking on themselves for years over a decade. How could you honestly think they are going to learn now?

This is a much better Chargers team than any in the last decade. Since Anthony Lynn took over as head coach I’ve laughed at them a lot less and haven’t found much to laugh at this season.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think all the travel and weather will affect the Chargers more than people think. However, they are going to be fired up to win for Mebane. This is a really hard game to handicap, I'm struggling where to put my money.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Chargers- better roster, great road team, play better outside of California. They literally have not lost a game outside of California this year (3 'home' losses and the 1 in their 7-1 road record was at the LA Coliseum.)

Other then Brady/Belichick, the Pats don't have any real roster advantages over the Chargers.

The only thing on NE's side is playing at home, (Brady has only 3 true road playoff wins in his career- 2 of them if you count Bledsoe's 2001 AFC-CG cameo) and their past. The Pats' mystique and aura, esp. at home, seems to be their greatest strength.

If the Bolts can win at Pittsburgh/Arrowhead/Seattle/Baltimore..... I don't think they'll be afraid of Gillette Stadium.

Chargers, as they did a decade ago at Indy, pull the early Sunday road upset.

Yes and the Pats are 8-0 at home this year and if it wasn't for that fluke loss to the Dolphins, they would be the number 1 seed AGAIN in the AFC. They are near invincible at home in the playoffs and Rivers will need to play the game of his life to win.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
I just don't trust the NE offense, they have no weapons. Gronk is done, all they have is Edelman. I don't watch their games if I don't ave to but I saw Buffalo twice mostly shut that offene down. The Chargers have more offense than the Bills. Brady's numbers are actually average this season. Kind of dropping in some areas. I think it's going to be close. I just think the magic is over for this reign. Regardless this is probably the best game.

lol Brady has over 4000 passing yards again this year and the Pats offense is 4th best in the league. So much wrong in this post.

Reactions: pockets

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Yards are very overrated. They scored 25 points(one touchdown) and I think 24 the second time. In today's NFL that's low scoring. You also had them struggle for the most part with GB. They got schooled by a lousy DET team. Games like the shootouts in Chicago and against KC are point padders. Bad defense helps that. I mean I just named 2 games where they have almost 1/4th of their points scored and combined I think they won each by a total of 10 points.

That's what the Pats do. They got schooled against the Chiefs 41-14 one year and won the Super Bowl 3 months later. They started 2-2 again last year and made it to the SB AGAIN. This year if that fluke loss to Miami does not happen, you are looking at another 12-4 number 1 seed Pats. Yes they are not as good as some of the Pats teams in the past but you are comparing them against themselves and that is the biggest mistake you can do. This is not an amazing team but they are far from a team you should count out easily.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
lol Brady has over 4000 passing yards again this year and the Pats offense is 4th best in the league. So much wrong in this post.
Don't bother wasting your time, I already made that argument and just got a bunch of mindless dribble back, just ignore it...

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

Stat padding in games like the Jets and well say the Chiefs where they couldn't stop a fly. Those 2 games alone count for almost 1/4 of their season point total.

Compare his stats to Rivers he only beats him in completion percentage by a point. Rivers was like the 8th best QB this year, Brady 18th I think I saw.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Stat padding in games like the Jets and well say the Chiefs where they couldn't stop a fly. Those 2 games alone count for almost 1/4 of their season point total.

Compare his stats to Rivers he only beats him in completion percentage by a point. Rivers was like the 8th best QB this year, Brady 18th I think I saw.

What excuse will it be when Brady and the Pats make it back to the Super Bowl? Every year there is an excuse for them being good. At the end of the day, shut up and watch.

Reactions: DangleCity

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yes and the Pats are 8-0 at home this year and if it wasn't for that fluke loss to the Dolphins, they would be the number 1 seed AGAIN in the AFC. They are near invincible at home in the playoffs and Rivers will need to play the game of his life to win.

He doesn't need to play the game of his life. He just can't make the back breaking mistakes he has in the past. They have the formula to beat the Patriots. Just can't self destruct.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
That's what the Pats do. They got schooled against the Chiefs 41-14 one year and won the Super Bowl 3 months later. They started 2-2 again last year and made it to the SB AGAIN. This year if that fluke loss to Miami does not happen, you are looking at another 12-4 number 1 seed Pats. Yes they are not as good as some of the Pats teams in the past but you are comparing them against themselves and that is the biggest mistake you can do. This is not an amazing team but they are far from a team you should count out easily.

Couldn't be that in all these years they were aided by a horrible division where none of the teams committed to a true tank? They almost get 6 free wins a year. Then they get a bunch of overachieving teams from the prior year who end up sucking but earned a temporary first place schedule. 11 wins in a lot of years will get you the 1 seed. At worst a 2. NE in all this time has only succeeded with homefield and the byes. The AFC has been so weak over the years, hell I don't think any of these teams beat whoever reps the NFC this year.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
He doesn't need to play the game of his life. He just can't make the back breaking mistakes he has in the past. They have the formula to beat the Patriots. Just can't self destruct.

They are playing against one of the best home playoff teams ever, a team that has not lost a home game this year. He will be playing in the bitter cold and they won't have the luxury of playing against one of the worst playoff QB performances ever for 3 1/2 quarters (Lamar Jackson).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad