NFL GDT: 2018 AFC Divisional Round: (2) New England Patriots vs (5) Los Angeles Chargers

nelac

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I spent a large portion of the morning participating in a group chat with a bunch of Pats fans, discussing who we should be rooting for today. We all settled on the Chargers since: 1. We struggle with running QBs and 2. the Ravens seem immune to our home field advantage. Happy with this outcome but I just don't think the team has enough this year, but they do have Brady & Belichick so I will obviously never count them out.

Looking forward to next Sunday.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Sunny but fairly cold (28 F) is the weather forecast next Sunday for those wondering.

Chargers have more talent but after what I saw today when they did everything to throw away this game...

Reactions: Voight

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Chargers- better roster, great road team, play better outside of California. They literally have not lost a game outside of California this year (3 'home' losses and the 1 in their 7-1 road record was at the LA Coliseum.)

Other then Brady/Belichick, the Pats don't have any real roster advantages over the Chargers.

The only thing on NE's side is playing at home, (Brady has only 3 true road playoff wins in his career- 2 of them if you count Bledsoe's 2001 AFC-CG cameo) and their past. The Pats' mystique and aura, esp. at home, seems to be their greatest strength.

If the Bolts can win at Pittsburgh/Arrowhead/Seattle/Baltimore..... I don't think they'll be afraid of Gillette Stadium.

Chargers, as they did a decade ago at Indy, pull the early Sunday road upset.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I would love the Chargers pretty easily in this game if they had early season Melvin Gordon who looked like he was shot out of a cannon every time he touched the ball. The injuries have caught up with him and he looks slower.

I still like the Chargers to win, but it's close.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I would love the Chargers pretty easily in this game if they had early season Melvin Gordon who looked like he was shot out of a cannon every time he touched the ball. The injuries have caught up with him and he looks slower.

I still like the Chargers to win, but it's close.

Although keep in mind 2 of their signature wins did come with Gordon- at KC/Pittsburgh.

Remember, the Pats couldn't stop the run even without James Conner, so Justin Jackson could pull a Jaylen Samuels.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
San Diego is the better team but it's just so hard to trust them.

They have all the pieces to beat New England.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm fairly confident. The bye week should help.

Chargers are a very good team, but I like the home field advantage.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
As a neutral I just want Rivers to win a ring so bad, he has been a so good for so long and seems to be a top-notch pro. Give the guy a ring already!

Reactions: Kel Varnson

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Chargers. I think they'll learn from today's experience and tighten up their game in anticipation for Brady.

**** the Pats.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Chargers. I think they'll learn from today's experience and tighten up their game in anticipation for Brady.

**** the Pats.
Chargers have been puking on themselves for years over a decade. How could you honestly think they are going to learn now?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Chargers have been puking on themselves for years over a decade. How could you honestly think they are going to learn now?

Because the Pats aren't what they used to be. At some point, dynasties stop being dynastic all the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad